Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Across the universe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxXnarutofreak567Xxx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:32 pm
has anyone seen this movie?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:28 pm
i've seen it! the first time i saw it i really didnt like it, but after giving it a second chance its atually fairly good!  

x--stevee--x

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:50 pm
I liked it enough to buy it on DVD, though my sister seems to have appropriated it...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 am
Wonderful movie. I love how colorful it is. heart  

Panda Teeth

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:53 am
I've seen it, but I wasn't too impressed with it. Seemed to me all it had going for it was some pretty incredible visuals, but everything else was lacking. I actually guffawed at Evan Rachel Wood yelling at her mother on the telephone that they needed to be radical, everyone needs to be radical!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:15 pm
Quixotic Faye
I've seen it, but I wasn't too impressed with it. Seemed to me all it had going for it was some pretty incredible visuals, but everything else was lacking. I actually guffawed at Evan Rachel Wood yelling at her mother on the telephone that they needed to be radical, everyone needs to be radical!

This. 'Growing up in the 60s' is my one real guilty pleasure for films/literature, and I've got to say there are a lot better films on the subject. The soundtrack was lovely, but there was no real feeling that it actually took place in the time period. Probably due to ridiculous hair and make-up design that couldn't have looked more 00's if it had tried, an all-too literal take on the songs, and a total ignorance of the fact that the Beatles were only a component of, not the entire 60s.
I'm trying to think of better films, but I've got a block for the most part, so I'll just throw out Helter Skelter for the dark side of the decade with Charles Manson, not a brilliant film, but it has its moments, and the Sixties, which I think Amy Smart appeared in. It was a much better ensemble look at the decade, a TV movie in two parts that saw a group of friends interacting throughout some of the biggest moments of the American 60s. There was also a follow-up about the 70s, if you enjoy that, but it wasn't as good.  

loIitoads

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff