Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
King Lear Cancelled! Dx

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Lear!
  Dx Noooooooooooo~~~
View Results

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:42 pm
Okay, so maybe I'm the only one...but I was really looking forward to King Lear starring Anthony Hopkins as the aging King and Kiera Knightly as Cordelia. I was devestated when I read that it was canned. gonk

I will always hope for the project to get picked back up.<3<3

At least I have Julie Taymor's Tempest to look forward to later this year. That one is gearing up to be ******** amazing! Has anyone else seen Titus? (Taymor's other Shakespearian movie?) Both are awesome in the original play form, and Titus is amazing in movie form, so I have high hopes for Tempest.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:53 am
Titus, as in Titus Andronicus? I'll have to check it out, that's one of my favorite Shakespeare plays.  

Quixotic Faye

loIitoads

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 am
I was looking forward to Lear, sad to see the cancellation, but it's probably for the best, I don't think Hopkins would have made the Lear of my mind, and Keira Knightley I was only interested in seeing in ye olde clothing again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:18 am
I'm trying to remember if King Lear is one of the Shakespeare plays I've read or seen. Seems like there was a sort of modern day King Lear movie I saw once, but I don't remember much about it.

They are making a Tempest movie? Cool.  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:24 pm
Quixotic -- Yeah! It's really, really good. Probably the best Shakespeare adaptation that I've ever seen.

Lolicat -- You see, I'm only thinking it's best because Hopkins looks like he's in poor health. He would have probably been fantastic, I mean look at his work in Titus.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games