Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Gay Marriage. Nay or Yay? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 pm
i am a bisexual female in one of the most conservitive states in the US. i have an uncle that is gay, i have 4 female friends who are lesbians, i have 5 male friends who are gay, i have 3 friends who are also bisexual, i have one friend who is androgynous, i have one friend who is transgendered. myself and my 3 bisexlual friends are the ONLY ones who can legally marry IF we decide we love someone of the gender opposite our own. None of the others can. i find that sick and wrong. both of my parents are christian and also believe that two people in love should be married. yes, the bible speaks against two men sleeping together, and yes i have seen the passage but it's also a passage hundreds of years old and culturally relavant to the time it was written in. the hebrew population was low and so it was frowned upon when people had relations that didn't end in reproduction because of that. it wasn't frowned upon otherwise. scholars have pointed this out.

and what does gender have to do with love in the first place? love is a stonge emotion that two people have for each other that showes a deep caring and concern, the want to be with them, and being happy with each other. why should what physical anatomy both parties have between their legs matter in any way to anyone outside of the relationship? let alone the government. they have a shopping list of issues they should be paying attention to rather than the topic of marriage. war, the rising debt, health care, poverty, taxes, crime rates, REAL PROBLEMS. not people's love lifes. the church shouldn't be worrying over it either. frankly i wouldn't want anyone but my spouce poking around, asking questions, or knowing a thing about my love life other than the fact that i have one. and many things in the bible are frowned upon in society today because we've moved past it and decided that no, it wasn't right. find me five passages in the bible that say a man is equal to a woman. can you do it?

love is sacred becuase it is LOVE. because you are willing to spend your entire life with a person and care for them, be there for them, help them when they're sick, be able to even SEE them when they get sick. it's a beautiful thing no matter who it is and to suggest that it should be frowned upon just because two people are of the same gender isn't right. there is nothing wrong with love, there is no reason that there should be a thing wrong with it. you love a person, not their gender. frankly, if you don't approve of marriage between two individuals of the same sex, than marry someone of the opposite sex and stay out of the lovelives of other people when it most certianly doesn't concern you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm
I see nothing wrong with gay marriage and I do support it. If someone says it's wrong because their religion says it's wrong, well that's them and they don't have to be in that type of relationship. I feel though that people should give gay marriage a different name. For example, Polygamy stands for a marriage of more than one partner. Since some argue that calling it gay marriage ruins the foundation of marriage itself even though people really can't say what a marriage is suppose to be of, I feel it would slightly help relieve some of the tension some people have against gay marriage.  

Poke Duckie

sterek

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:41 pm
It's an issue that's very important to me. There are numerous legal benefits that come with marriage, and if I live in the States (rather than in Canada) in a few years, I want to be able to marry my girlfriend and have the union recognized regardless of the state we're in.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 am
Yay! heart  

Cinematographer Girl

Solar Mage

13,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Dirty Computer

Misfit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 am
I am and always will be for gay marriage. Love is love no matter what the gender is. It is ridiculous for people to think that homosexuals cannot get married. Like if I'm older and I have a daughter and they come home and tell me that they are in love with a girl, I want her to be able to open about that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:25 am
Yay! No further comment needed really,  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 am
yes. frankly, marriage is not a religious right. i think it's possible for you can choose to allow same-sex couples to be married in your church, synagogue, or whatever- but i'm not totally sure. if someone could tell me if you can choose to allow this, that would be great.

but at the end of the day, marriage is a civil right, not a religious one. and it stops becoming religious freedom when it infringes on other people's rights.

also, excuse the smiley spam (little sister):
emotion_bigheart heart emotion_yatta emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 am
Kunoichi Aiko
I'm going to get busted for saying this, but I'm I would say no to gay marriage. I don't think there are such things as the gay sexuality. In my opinion, the so-called people who think they are gay, are not really gay in reality. It's just their minds that push them into it.

No, it does not come from birth. It comes from constant thinking about if you are gay or not. Everyone has a little bit of gay in them, and it's up to them to control it. However, it's not that easy to control your own human mind. The human mind can easily get tricked by things you think about.

No, I am not saying that gays are not people. They are people. People are people. It's a natural instinct for humans to think about things beyond the laws of the government, whatsoever. Although it is best to just "keep straight" and do not overthink things. No matter what, there is always going to be people doing bizarre things that their minds tell them to do, so be careful and avoid doing that sort of thing.

Should you need to reply, disagreeing with me, I say do not. There is no point. I respect the fact that everyone has their own opinion. I did not cuss to any pro gays, so I do not see why you should cuss to me. End of rant.

I don't think there's such thing as you. I think that you personally are a figment of everyone's imagination and I think we should be able to control it. Also, has anyone ever told you that is the most ridiculous thing in the entire world.

I guess I should just break up with my fiance because she's also a woman. She's obviously not really what I want, thanks for letting me know. I guess she can just go get married to one of those guys in high school who used to beat her because she was gay. And I guess I'll go home where I'll get constantly mocked and ridiculed by my peers. You're right being gay is a choice. I guess all gay people are just masochists because it's so great to get beat on when you're a kid in the locker room, or get your car vandalized because you're gay, or get kicked out of your parents house.

How about you spend a day as a "gay person" (because they are obviously just myths) and then let me know how great it is and why people would choose to be gay.

End of rant. wink  

caaaaaath

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas