Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Wounds to Be Healed (Alienore & Nightling)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ali moved carefully toward the place where she'd heard her eldest brother Andre's granddaughter Nightling lived. Her wing still hurt a great deal from her evil older sister, Neva, but Nightling was supposed to be able to heal her wing. She hoped Nightling could help; she wanted to fly, and Nightling, from what little she'd heard, was kind and helpful. She just wondered what was meant by the fact that Nightling could heal her torn wing, when others couldn't. She'd just have to see when she met Nightling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:08 pm
User Image

A dark pelted mare wandered the dark shadows of her woodland home, she had heard that her grandfather had more siblings and that her great-grandfather had his last breeding with his long time mate. Light colored eyes glanced skywards as a small bird fluttered over head, though her sides remained wingless like her own father's where her mother's side had many. Shaking out her braided mane she looked around, something was coming, she could feel it in the ground. The steady paces of someone coming her direction. Raising her had up some, Nightling as he mother had deemed her, stood waiting, for what not even she was sure. Lion like tail twitching a little behind her, she moved away from her spot and towards the approacher, something telling her that it was family. A soft glow coming from her horn guided her past branch and limb that hung in her way, until she was in the clear, to wait for whom ever it was that was coming...  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:24 am
Ali noticed the glowing light ahead of her, and stepped carefully toward it. "Hello? Is anyone there? I'm looking for someone named Nightling I need her help. Her grandfather Andre, my eldest brother, sent me to find her. Do you know where she is?" Ali didn't know what the light was, but hoped that it was some sort of Soquili she'd never seen, and that this Soquili would help her find Nightling. She winced as her wing was jostled going over a particularly large tree root. She needed Nightling's help badly.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 pm
Dipping her head beneath another branch, Nightling's ears perched forwards as the other seemed much closer now. Coming from the shadows she looked upon a younger mare. She had spoken of her grandfather, so this was one of her younger Aunts? Well, would wonders never cease to amaze her. Shaking out her golden mane the new bows that held the most of her braids together ruffling a little as she moved vloser to the young mare. A smile came to Night's face.

"I am Nightling young one. And Andre is my grandfather. I had heard that he had a new set of siblings, but never dreamed that one would come looking for me." She smiled raising her head a little, the glow from her horn burning a little brighter so that she could see a little clearer.

Noticing the wince the young mare had given when she had moved her wing, Night had an idea of what she had been sought out for. Not really waiting for a reply or reason to why the mare had come looking for her, not that Night minded of course. She took a few steps closer, lowering her head, she laid her horn just lightly to the wing. The glow brightened just a bit more releasing a warmth to the wing, Hoping to ease the pain at least until she could have a better look at what was wrong and hear what happened for the wing to give so much trouble.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:40 pm
Ali was startled. "You're Nightling?" She stared in awe at Andre's granddaughter. She'd never seen any Soquili with a horn, and Nightling's horn fascinated her. "You like like my daddy," she said with a smile, still watching the horn in amazement. Before she could ask any questions, Nightling had touched Ali's wing with her horn, and the pain dulled significantly. Startled, Ali studied the wing and Nightling with her wondrous horn. The wound wasn't healed yet, but it was clearly no longer in pain. "How'd you do that?" she asked curiously and with deep respect for her eldest brother's granddaughter.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:26 pm
Nightling smiled as it seemed that Ali was no longer in pain. Stepping away she looked back over her shoulder a moment before looking back to the mare. Her horn glowing the best it could to clear away the shadows around them in a blueish light. "As I have been told. My mum was surprised I came out in such colors. Where she and Pa haven't a speck of black to them at all." She smiled. "Come, lets move to a more safer location. The scent of blood no matter how fresh or old a predator can smell a wounded on miles away." Turning Nightling headed back the way she had come, her horn lighting the way.

"Healing, even easing ones pain is simple, but taxing. That little touch didn't take much, but to completely heal your wound, it might take a few days. I use too much healing energy I could end up pouring my own life energy into it and I would just flicker out." Shakes her head not wanting to think about that. "But to heal, Some think that the horn carries special powers, well that's not entirely true. The energy is within my body, the horn is just a focus point in which one can let this energy flow to another. Everyone has it, but in more its only a small amount that it only heals ourselves." Ears flicking she listened, stopped and looked back to make sure Ali was close behind, not wanting to leave her behind and in most danger. Nightling didn't live in the kindest of places, Here tested her much and she was learning, slowly, but she was learning.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 pm
Ali followed her eldest brother's wondrous granddaughter closely, nodding at what she said. "That makes sense," she said. Glancing around, she asked, "Is it unsafe around here? Because you said predators might smell my wing and come looking for us." The very thought of predators coming to eat her terrified her, and she was scared and shaken enough right now as it was. Shivering, she pranced closer to Nightling for safety.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 am
Nightling stood still for a moment, ears listening before she looked back to the mare that followed her. Hearing nothing, she continued on the path heading for her home and where she knew was safe. "There are things out there that can be harmful. Most only wanting to play, but there are those that want to eat you for supper." Stopping again she turned off the path and into what looked like an ivy covered wall.

"This way, this path is safest to travel, it will keep us away from the ground predators." Nightling called from behind the ivy, where she waited. If no were to look closely to the cliff face and the Ivy, they wouldn't see the hole behind it. It had taken her a while to find it and the spiraling path that lead to her higher home, that would have taken hours to climb the cliff face. "We shall reach my home this way and get to work on your wing. I'll have you flying again in no time." She nodded, though the motion was only noticable from the bobbing of her glowing horn.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 am
Ali hurried through the ivy after Nightling, skittering as close to her as she could, not wanting to be alone if Nightling's forest was this dangerous. The vines seized at her, but she broke free, trembling. Ali's nerves had been shattered by Neva's brutal attack, but the very idea of things wanting to hurt or eat her in Nightling's forest scared her all over again. Nightling, she thought to herself, focus on Nightling. She won't let you get hurt, and you're safe with her.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:30 pm
Nightling watched behind her as Ali came through the ivy and up to be behind her. reaching back she gave the mare a gentle nudge to let her knoe that she was there. Before long she headed up the spiraling path. away from the predators that lurked around the bottom. "Should't be too much longer." Nightling's voice carried back as she stopped at what looked like a deep shadow in the light of her horn to stir up something and pretty soonn a warm of fireflies started to flicker now and again. Moving on she soon stepped though another ivy covered rock face and out into a sheltered bowl of a valley.

The valley itself was small, big enough for a small family to live within and Nightling enjoyed it here and loved the solitude. Looking around the place, everything seemed to be in its place when she left it. Stepping over to a lily pad covered pond, she gathered a drink befpre looking back towards Ali. "Well, this is where I live Now, lets see what we can do with that wing of yours."

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 am
Ali was amazed by the beautiful little valley. "It's so beautiful, Nightling," she breathed. "Do you really live in this beautiful a place? How did you first find it?" The valley distracted her from the fears of Nightling's forest and the ever-present pain of her injured wing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:59 pm
Nightling gave her small home a look over with a small smile as she stepped over to stand near Ali's injured wing. She thought back to the night she was younger, running from something in the darkness. Shaking her head a little she giggled to herself looking to her younger aunt.

"Well I was running from something some time ago. And I happened to trip over something, root I found out the next morning. And whatever it was didn't see me fall as it had been following the glow from my horn. That went out when I fell and it rushed straight past. I found this place the same morning I found the root I tripped over." She explained, shifting where she was to get a closer look at the wing, it was bad, but she could fix it. "Some think I am crazy living in this dangerous place, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Can you open your wing for me place?" She asked stepping back turning to gather a couple wet lily pads to place on the wing to help with the healing.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:08 pm
Ali felt bad for her eldest brother's granddaughter, getting chased, but was glad she'd got away and found a place like this in the process. "I think this valley more than makes up for the forest. It's so peaceful and beautiful here, and it feels so safe." She opened up her wing obediently, and bit back a cry as she did so. Keeping it closed had meant that it had stiffened painfully in the interim, but even so, tears streaked down her face.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:28 am
Nightling watched as Ali opened her wing, the motion was stiff and rigid. Movement would have to be put back into the joints if the mare was to fly again. When the wing was extended, she placed one of the lily pads over one side of the wound to help with the swelling and calm the pain that was sure to flare with the simple movement. There was much to gather, but this would help. When one was in place she picked up the other and placed it on the other side of the wound to spread the coolness. While it wouldn't last that long, it would certainly help for the time being.

"It has its ups and downs, spring time it tends to flood a bit before the ice melts below the falls." Nightling carried on as she moved away from Ali, "But thankfully the flooding is only on the lower reaches of this small valley. Home rests higher in a cave, but the flooding does bring minerals to the soil and makes great planting ground."

Nightling wandered down a small ways from Ali, looking back a little to see if the mare was following. When she stopped, she looked down at the rows of herbs she had managed to grow within the small space. Some shaded by the local trees, others in the full sunlight. Blossoms ranged in colors as well as some growing like common shrubbery. One shrub though had flowers of a red/purple hue and was one that Nightling was hunting for, it would help in aiding Ali's wound.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:52 pm
The coolness of the lily pads slowly spread through Ali's wing, and the filly gave a shuddering sigh of relief. But Nightling was continuing onward, and speaking, so Ali hurried after the unicorn. Since the lily pads weren't really secured yet, she did her best to hold her wing up and out, wincing less than she had when she'd first unfolded it, just to prevent her treatment from falling off.

"That still sounds nice, since your cave's higher up," she said sincerely. Her golden eyes passed wonderingly over the colorful plants, neatly planted in rows. The little herb garden was beautiful, and clearly well-tended. "It's so pretty," she breathed softly. "Do they all have medicinal purposes?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games