Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonheart Fortress

Back to Guilds

A sanctuary for videogamers and anime fans alike, but of course anyone else is welcome too 

Tags: games, anime, manga, roleplay, tech 

Reply General - generally if it doesn't belong elsewhere, it's customary to put it here!
Wake up people.. Obama FREE GARY!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benny-Dragonheart
Captain

Original Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:53 am
Now you see what I'm getting at.. At least I think and hope you do. xd

But you know what.. The British empire used to rule like everywhere. When the colonies all split up.. We were left just as the UK.. We are now like America's b***h.

Cos our government is too bloody pathetic to go against whatever the US wants. The same is slightly true the other way, not that the US really have much threat from the UK on it's own. But they don't want to lose an ally either way.

I feel I'm trailing slightly off topic and heading towards conspiracy theories.. But yeah think about all this stuff.

Anywho.. Gary should remain in England for his trial, and be punished there where he committed the crime.. It's only new and retarded government treaties which say he can't now.

But the US waited on purpose for this new treaty to come in effect before they ordered Gary's extradition. It was pathetic and snide!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:47 am
why not make a partion?  

sephie_kun

6,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Benny-Dragonheart
Captain

Original Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:35 am
Onyx_Muffin
They should make him come to the US and get punished, i kno he did the crime in England but NASA is here in the US.
So he should be punished by how much he learned.
He shouldn't of been that stupid to even try to hack NASA, you wouldn't be sucessful unless you were in a movie.
o 3o

Not without evidence..

Even if they had adequate evidence, I still disagree with what you just said Muffin..

LOL.. Well Gary hacked it.. On 56k dialup speed internet from his house. xd

If you ask me the US government should have better security. They where supposed to have improved it after the recent terror attacks anyway, haha!

But nah.. I actually don't get why you think hacking NASA is such a bad thing. Just to LOOK at reports and what not.. I think hacking someone's Gaia or email or whatever then messing it up is way worse!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:04 am
Onyx_Muffin
But the whole reason its probably coded and locked is for people not to 'just look' at these things. This is top secret kinda stuff.
Hmm... lemme think...
Like if someone hacked into your... bank account to look at how much money you have. Would you be like "oh, well as long as your just looking im okay with it!"
no because you dont know what they could do with the info they just got.
o 3o

That's different for several reasons.. Also this might surprise you, but I wouldn't actually be that bothered in all honesty.

Anyways.. NASA is an organization, not an individual. If someone were to hack you or I, that'd be personal. You could lose your identity and god knows what else.

Like I've said Gary is a good guy, if he wanted to cause harm he clearly could have. If not when he hacked originally, he could easily have hacked again. There was nothing stopping him from causing all kinds of trouble the first time, but he didn't do anything of the sort..

You say.. 'Top secret'.. What does that mean exactly? What right does ONE country have to withhold info from the rest of the world when people clearly want the facts. This kinda thing wouldn't even happen if all the info was released properly to the public.

Think about it..

Benny-Dragonheart
Captain

Original Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Benny-Dragonheart
Captain

Original Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:56 am
Onyx_Muffin
I finaly got the video to work and i see what u mean.
Yes the US is being a b***h about the punishment.
BUT, he does need to be punished he really did do a bad thing, and if we dont punish him people *smart ones* will think its okay and they will all start trying to hack into things that are important...

And they did tell us about the alien thig on the show, *as i said earlier*
it was on a show.
But he shouldof waited till we (the US) thought it was a good time to reveal it.... as i said earlier.... some people would freak, some would go and try to hunt the poor things, and some well.... i dont know about the other some xD

i realize he didnt do anything but he did hack NASA and if he doesnt get punished other people might do it and really do something...
But he should not be put to death. maybe jail for a few years just so he learns his lesson.... other people might try to blow a spaceship up...
and in the video they said it was in 2002?
Okay were a little slow.... >.<
o 3o

He has to be punished.. Yes, that I can agree with. I see where you were going with that point too.

What show? xd Either way, that's hardly an official statement from the president or a NASA guy.

This is precisely why I'm saying the information needs to be released properly, otherwise people might start doing stupid things along the lines of some of your points.

One thing I don't agree with is "when the US is ready", seriously to hell with that! Go as far back as when people started going on about UFO's.. They've had the information for ages, they've kept it from all of us.

Remember we are supposed to be in democracies.. We vote our leaders and which policies they use. WE are supposed to control the government, not the other way round. How can we vote/make comment on stuff we don't even have hard facts about?

Yes, he should get a few years in jail.. Definitely no more than 15 years max though. Thing is.. He could have had the trial in the UK and been sentenced there. All that time ago, 2002 wasn't it?

Like I said before.. The only reason the US government acted so slowly about it was they were snidely waiting for the extradition treaty between the UK and the US to come into effect. This isn't looking good, I feel really sorry for the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:10 am
well... yea.
maybe 10-13 years in prison... but...
the show is 60 minutes.
and in the show they told us about how they found a spaceship and how theres an underground place where they do studies on them........
i think but its been a year or two sense i saw it.

Well then we should have a vote.
i feel sorry but he should've seen it coming... were not stupid. we would've found out someday and any1 would've been punished for this.

im just saying, this is the first step. as i said... some1 is gonna go way farther than 'just looking'
o 3o

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100

Kagome1172

Invisible Gekko

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Pfffft don't blame Obama, he don't do diddily, he's just a figure head.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:47 pm
This is waaay before Obama, and I don't even blame Bush.. All your presidents are figureheads these days. Just like our Royal family. But that's why we have priministers, and as far as I know.. Our government organizations such as MI5 aren't corrupt, well no doubt they are a lil.. But as for US ones.. Pfft..  

Benny-Dragonheart
Captain

Original Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Kagome1172

Invisible Gekko

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:54 pm
US? Not corrupt? That's like saying they don't feed chickens steroids!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:11 am
That's what I'm saying, lol.. But I'm British remember! razz Annoying thing is US tries to control everything, even out of their borders. (-.-) ..and that's excluding the fact that US govermental organization's actions always seem to have a huge impact on the whole world anyway. sad

At the end of the day the US is TOO big, way to big. The power is too centralized and power corrupts anyone it touches, unless that person is; selfless, not greedy, doesn't discriminate, etc.. and few humans have ALL of the above traits. Usually none that actually get into power. =/

Benny-Dragonheart
Captain

Original Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
General - generally if it doesn't belong elsewhere, it's customary to put it here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games