Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whosthatgirl80

High-functioning Duck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:07 pm
First can I even type a$$ without messing with the ToS? cool

But seriously - about 5 years ago I had a major life shake up (lost job, had to move, casual relationship went way sour, unemployed for 8 months, yadda yadda). At the same time a close friend from high school was having her life really come together (she & her hubby bought a house, she had a baby, got tenure as a school teacher). We had already been drifting a little, but I really messed up at this point. It's horrible, but I was just in such a miserable way that I felt like I couldn't be happy for her and I just stopped taking her calls and answering her emails/letters. I was happy for her, but all I wanted to do was complain and it felt wrong...

Anyway, she writes about twice a year and I would love to get back in touch, but I don't know what to say. Hi, sorry for being a jerk, hope your daughter is enjoying kindergarten? burning_eyes Hey, long time no talk, what's up? burning_eyes So how about that health care plan? burning_eyes

Arg, no idea where to start. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas? Or should I just take the plunge, apologize and just deal?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:19 am
whosthatgirl80
Or should I just take the plunge, apologize and just deal?

This.

The fact she still writes says a lot.  

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:08 am
If it were me, I'd just take the plunge. If your friend is a really good friend, you explain your situation at the time in a genuine manner, say how very sorry you are and that you regret your actions, I'm sure your friend will understand. If she doesn't, well, I guess maybe over time she will. I guess taking the plunge and contacting her is better than living your live wishing you did and wondering what would have happened.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:23 pm
I would have to agree. Take the plunge as much as it hurts. I would 'fess up about being hurt while saying that to her. I hope things work out and I would just go into detail and i'm sure she'ld love to reconnect and help out biggrin  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items