Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply {::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}
Can someone help or teach me how to use photoshop properly?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JEBB2201

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
I do traditional art, and i plan to continue doing it because i like it. i think it has unique features, but i would also love to learn how to use the digital tools and improve my art.
If you don't feel like teaching me or telling me it's ok, as long as you can suggest any good tutorials or pages to get some help, it would be fine.
If anyone would like to help me out, it would be awesome because i have a hard time teaching myself this, mostly because i get lost and don't know where to start and what to do next, so if anyone would like to help me please send me private message.
I already know some stuff about photoshop, about the layers and some coloring, but it would be nice to have someone who could help me how to use the tools better and create much nicer effects.
Anyway if you took your time to take a look at this, thanks for your time!
any help would taken with gratitude.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 pm
here you go:

tutorials da  

Olennimeton

Diamond Cat

semicolor

Gaian

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:13 am
Well, i have been working on photoshop for 5 years or more now, and besides the multitude of photoshop tutorials you can find by just using google.com i can give you some random tips, that i have used for myself.

Dont expect to be great from the first try, most likely you wont succed then you will get frustrated and abandon anything you would want to do razz
So first, try to start with small things. For example at start i used to open random pictures i had on my computer, and just *experiment*, meaning i would use the tools photoshop has to offer in random ways, depending on your free time and patience you can spend hours in learning all the magnificent tools photoshop has. The end result doesnt matter for now, just focus on using as much tools and memorise them, and what they are capable of.

When you think you've got the hang of most of them, then you can start searching for tutorials. Start with easy ones, you dont need to create a masterpiece from start, even the most common and boring picture that you edit, or create, will further expand your skills with photoshop.

So in the end it all comes down to having patience, and ambition to spend hours and hours to perfecting yourself.
I honestly see working in photoshop the same way as playing a game (relaxing yet challenging), if you can view it like that, then it will be easier for you to actually achieve something with the program.

Also, if you get stuck on some tutorial, or if theres something you dont understand (a tool you cant find, for example), feel free to post here, i'll try to help you everytime i am online.

Note: I use Photoshop CS3 and as of late i started using CS4, if you are learning on a previous version, i might not know/remember all the tools layouts and/or menus. Still feel free to ask (:

-My first language isnt english, so i am sorry for the lousy spelling
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm
just look for tutorials on deviantart biggrin that's the best i can say. use it as often as you can, memorize commands, and it'll probably be useful if you got a tablet, unless you already have one.  

iKiska

{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff