Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Help : What do these rules mean?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this poll working? My first time creating a poll
  Yes
  No
View Results

Awkward Is Here

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm
Help : What do these rules mean?

* No Page Stretching
o Do not stretch a page, that is the worst thing you could do, simple as that.

* No Flaming or Trolling
o We are a family in this guild so please do not cause trouble.

What I mean by that is...
What does it mean to "stretch a page" and to "flame" or "troll" someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:06 pm
an example of stretching the page is when you place really big picture on the forum which you have to use the horizontal scroll in orde to see. Its just very annoying.

flamming or trolling is basically bashing someone else and going out of your way to cause problems

I hope explained i well enough. Feel free to correct me.
In truth, I had to just apply these. No one really told me so i had to use common sense and examples to figure out what these meant so I could be wrong. smile

XxNonaxX

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:08 pm
Trolling is, as far as I can tell, posting deliberately inflammatory comments, often ones you don't really believe in, to get a reaction.

Example:
Poster 1: "Oh my God, some little girl fell off the Grand Canyon and her parents must be heartbroken!"
Troll: "Too bad they didn't have a bouncing baby boy."
Poster 2/3/4: "Oh my God how can you say such a horrible thing!"

That is why some forums will tell you to 'please not feed the trolls'. They give up if no one responds to them. >.>

Flaming is being rude to other people, or attacking someone personally instead of reasonably explaining your point of view in a debate or argument.

Example:
Poster One: *long, detailed, perfectly polite explanation of why they think their religion is right in a religious debate, ending with a statement that it is just their opinion and others are free to disagree*

Flamer: you suck and are stupid. were your parents cousins or something?

Page-stretching is exactly what it sounds like - making people have to use the horizontal bar at the bottom of the page in order to read posts because you've posted a super-huge picture or put in far too many letters or punctuation marks to prove your point.

Example: I am soooooooooo pissed off at my boyfriend right now!!!!!!!! *enormous picture of a cartoonish angry face*

Just continue the o's and the exclamation marks until the page is stretched, and you have your example. I hope that helps some.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:01 pm
I think trolling is funny. ._. Well, sometimes. I guess it depends on the situation. XD Flaming/cyber-bullying is for pussies though. -_-  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

kitnboots

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:48 pm
I've read alot of flaming in another guild forum that I'm not going to name out of respect but it is annoying. You cant even make a reply to a valid post for fear you will get caught in the middle of 2 ppl having a ridiculous insult match. I'm like, really? Wasted my time pulling this up for this?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:19 am
ok  

XxT3rexX

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 am
I find them rather amusing....  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:03 am
well u figured it out now.. >_<""  

xXbandagedkneeXx

7,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games