Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
What did you think about 9?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~mousethemousse~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 am
I know a lot of people liked it, but I was expecting so much more... I need to stop doing that, expecting something amazing, and get something that just doesn't feel complete. I know they were trying to "make it easy to understand for kids" but what parent in their right mind would take their kid to see that? It would have given them nighmares.
Plus I got into this whole debate with my friend about when it was, and I said WW2 era, or WW1, because of the music thing that was playing "somewhere over the rainbow" and he said something about them not having the technology to have something like that, and I said it was the way that they felt about all the machines that were being made, that it would lead to that eventually. blah blah blah blah blah
I didn't win with him.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:37 am
I so agree. i was so let down from this movie. i was expecting it to be an amazing movie full of action but it didnt fill it up. Im dissappointed to hear that people liked it. I need to stop doing that too because a lot of movies that have come out are let downs for me. lol.  

Seava

Tipsy Shapeshifter

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:28 am
Homg you're not the only one who was horribly disappointed by that movie and it's ending and everything about it.

The trailer made it look so good. cry  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:07 pm
It wasn't a great movie. It was pretty boring and formulaic.  

Oshi the Killer

Earl the Noble

6,200 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:27 pm
I liked it  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:35 pm
I've seen it twice and I've loved it each time. The story is simple and to the point and the action is just enough to keep your attention.  

Rosary16

Chernobyl Kinsmen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm
awful.
I was expecting so much more..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:35 pm
I just saw it and it was dissapointingly short and rather sappy for Burton. His works have always been adventure-esq and a moral to back it up, but the shortness and the sheer depressing mode of half the movie really killed it.
The dip they took into alchemy most likely will go over the heads of most people. It would have been nice if there was a little more back story.
Most of all, it felt like it was really missing something.. don't ask me what, but it really felt lacking.  

kitsukyuu

7,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nurses Aids

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:33 pm
This movie had a lot of potential.
The atmosphere was great, the look of the movie was cool.
But it stalls on the story too early and by the time it picks up, it's too little too late.  
Disappointing Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games