Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Square Enix--2 questions...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXx_cherrycraze_xXx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:50 pm
A: Does Square Enix have any GIRLS on the staff? From what I've heard I'd say it's a no?

B: How do you pronounce "Square Enix"? My friend says it's "Sqweenix" *Pronouciation* So I'm not sure does anyone know?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:07 pm
well for the second question, I say Square EE-nix, but I think its pronounced with the shuaw sound, or short "E"  

MythicalRealism

Romantic Friend

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm
I'm fairly certain Enix is said with a short "e." I sometimes say Squenix ("Skweh-niks") for short, but really it's just "Skwayr Eh-niks." Or something of the sort.

As for your other question... I never thought about it, actually... I can't think of any females, but I'm sure there've gotta be some... right?

*makes a note to watch the credits more carefully after finishing her next game*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:08 am
Everyone I know pronounces it 'square-eenix', or 'squeenix', depending on how much they like the company. xD  

ArikaiHart

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:49 am
I like to say "skweee-nicks".  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:27 pm
Ravenwolf
I'm fairly certain Enix is said with a short "e." I sometimes say Squenix ("Skweh-niks") for short, but really it's just "Skwayr Eh-niks." Or something of the sort.

As for your other question... I never thought about it, actually... I can't think of any females, but I'm sure there've gotta be some... right?

*makes a note to watch the credits more carefully after finishing her next game*

Okay I always thought it was the second one you said but my friend said it was the first so I got confused...So basically it doesn't matter either is good... smile  

xXx_cherrycraze_xXx

Kaizoku Deej

6,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:56 am
oh that's unfair...

i think it's square eh-nix
hehe XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:42 am
Don't they say it a few times when you turn a game on? Or there must be some video floating around youtube of an exec talking about the company?  

ArikaiHart

Reels

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:45 pm
Nao Ikeda is a female character designer. 8D
She's the only one I know of.

And I say it 'Skwayr Ee-niks,' with a long E.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:06 pm
if you buy certain games they will have the game characters say the name when the logo comes up. its "square" - like the shape for those of you who cant pronounce things- "eh-nix*-eh like you say it in "end"  

AxeI VIII

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

pearly_yunie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 pm
therre r women working in square enix from what ive heard i dunno if there r any in the developing a game area but the receptionist is a girl so yeah lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:14 am
Might not technically be Square Enix, but Yoko Shimomura, the composer for Kingdom Hearts, is a girl, right? Yoko is a girl's name.
I named my flute Yoko.  

kieruyume

Inobliss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:17 pm
I think it's pronounced (skuare-Eh-nix)
And for #1, I think that there has to be some female on the staff, i mean every movie there has to be don'tcha think?  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games