Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thrash Til Death!
  Hell yeah!! *headbangs*
  I'm not cool enough to listen to thrash
View Results

Chaoti Regnum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:57 pm
Alright so I am one of the biggest Thrash metal enthusiasts on gaia and the biggest thrash metal fan on the gaia metal forum. I breath thrash metal. My collection of bands is over 300. Well for all you thrash metal fans out there I've decided to begin sharing my love of thrash metal with you.

First off just what is thrash metal?

Thrash was founded the early 1980s, though early forms of it existed in the 1970s (possibly notably due to Motörhead). Thrash is based on Hardcore Punk bands like Cro-Mags, and fast metal riffing, with pounding double bass and aggressive shouting or rasping vocals. The palm muting is also a clichéd technique for thrash bands. Lyrics are normally based on political views and societal complains.

In America, the bands Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax were known as the "Big 4"; these bands, while influential, were mainly the most popular bands of the genre.
Overkill was also one of the founding fathers of Thrash Metal (having their first demo released in 1981) and since their first release have stayed true to their roots.
The thrash metal scene in the U.S. was divided into the East Coast and the West Coast.
There were no real difference between the band sounds, but more bands came from the West (especially San Francisco and Los Angeles) than from the East (New York).
Up in Canada, saw the appearance of such Thrash bands like Annihilator, Razor, Exciter, Infernäl Mäjesty, and Voivod. Down in South America, many bands there like Sepultura, Transmetal and Horcas popped up.

Thrash was also highly popular in Europe, especially in Germany, where extremely popular; Thrash bands like Sodom, Tankard, Kreator, Destruction arose, while in other countries, you had bands such as Venom, Sabbat and Onslaught (United Kingdom), Loudblast and Morsüre (France), Artillery and Invocator (Denmark), Black Obelisk and Master (Russia), Celtic Frost and Coroner (Switzerland), and the list continues on and on.
There was also Austrailia's Hobbs' Angel of Death, and Japan's Jurassic Jade, Sacrifice, and Shellshock.

The term Speed Metal came before Thrash Metal; it started when Motörhead mixed the speed and rawness of Punk into their Heavy Metal sound. Later, the genre changed somewhat and a lot of bands used Hardcore Punk instead of standard Punk, but still mixed in with Heavy Metal. It's because of later Speed Metal bands that Speed and Thrash Metal got mixed up. Speed Metal however, has more melody and is closer in it's ties to Heavy Metal than Thrash is.

Alright so I'll be periodically posting vids and songs and other stuff from different thrash metal bands from my ever growing collection. Listen to them, enjoy them, and discuss them and the genre here.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 pm
First off I'll start off with a Thrash/Speed metal band from Germany
Poison Asp - Listen to the Voices From the Vault

Next here is a newer thrash metal band from Mexico
Profanator - Thrashic Violence

Here is a band that I just recently found. This band I think stands out a bit from some of the others I've heard, really good stuff.
Tyrranicide - Hiding Under White

Here's a great band from Finland that I've known about for a while, here is one of their songs.
Airdash - Choking Child

Enjoy!! *headbangs*  

Chaoti Regnum

Nuclear Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:15 am
Great bands! heart  
"YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items