Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
the Book> the Movie?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey, YOU THERE! So you...
  watch then read
  read then watch
  watch only >_>
  read only! (um... then what are you doing here?)
  Neither!!! Dahahahaha (....?!?!)
  click poll for goldz and annoy the person asking stupid questions
View Results

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:44 am
You know, they always say "the book is better than the movie." This, I think, is true most of the time, but not neccesarily all the time. So what I want to know is:

Are there any books you heart and then some idiot completely MURDERED when they made it a movie?

A Wrinkle in Time grrrr...

Are there any movies you like more than the book?

You ever watched a movie, then read the book, and you hated the book?

O.o Hunchback of Notre Dame for me. The ending is so sad!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:17 am
Are there any books you heart and then some idiot completely MURDERED when they made it a movie?

The Neverending Story. That book is AMAZING. It made me imagine so vividly while reading it that I could almost hear the characters' voices. I used to love the movie, which is why I wanted to read the book, now...not so much. They should really get to remaking that....they could do so much better now.

um....Evil Dead series is better than the comics? I still buy the comics though.
I can't really think of a movie I like better than it's book....it'll come to me eventually.

Twilight. Thought the movie was mildly entertaining. Read the book and hated it, now think the movie is retarded. Was a movie based on a book that wasn't that good to begin with and was much worse than the book. D:
I bought it for Rob and Taylor.  

Queen Taru

Fashionable Genius

8,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:00 am
Dreamcather was ******** slaughtered. The book was awesome i actually didn't sleep for three nights because night was the only time i had to read it and then the movie skewered it. That movie didn't even resemble the stephen king masterpiece.
I always think that the book is better. If if the movie is really really good books still beat it(this could be just unfair bias because i'm an author XD)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:06 am
The only movie I thought that was better than the book was "Fightclub". Don't get me wrong its a good book, but the movie finelined it.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:51 am
Can't say I've ever seen a movie that was better than the book. Though I'm interested to see Where The Wild Things Are. And how that compares.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:16 pm
Are there any books you and then some idiot completely MURDERED when they made it a movie?

Twilight....completly hated the movie.... and Coraline...it was so different i wanted to throw someting at the screen

i really dont think that is even possible

i always read the book first  

monkey_bubbles_1995

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:47 pm
I loved the book and movie to Choke. I watch the movie then read the book sometime later. They both had different parts but that somehow made the book all the more entertaining. I highly recommend both.

Another book to movie that was awesome was Night Watch. More of less the movie is only the first half of the book but it was really good. The casting was fantastic they match the descriptiion of the characters dead on. With the exception of Zebulon I pictured him more like Vladimir Putin. Another movie I watched then read. i didn't really have an option i think the movie was released before the book in the States.(Note:I recommend it subtitled)

Now Day Watch was a Horrible disappointment. It was more less the second half of the first book with a sprinkle of some of the other books. The cast was basically the same(Thankully sweatdrop ), but the plot was crapped on. I'm not going to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet. But be prepared to be disappointed if you finished the Night Watch book then watch Day Watch.

Ok here I go I've saved the best for last. i have argued with a lot of people who disagree with me but the Lord of the Rings Trilogy suck bad. While everyone stood up and clapped like the *bleeping* director was going to *bleeping* hear them, I fled the theater. I'm sure Peter Jackson could of done a worse job aka the cartoon. But the movies had so much potential but instead they ruined it. I'm amazed that J.R.R. Tolkien didn't rise from his grave and start to devour the living. Shame on you Peter Jackson.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games