Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
PsP GO

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terror Of DeathX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:05 pm
Came out a few says ago and i must say i wants this ooh so bad. I dont even have a Ps3 yet and i want this now.

# 43% smaller than the original PSPĀ®

16 GB of Flash Memory

i am pretty much sold already lol. Smaller no need to have 4 memory sticks. Games can now be a little bit more memory with 16 Gigs to work with. I am soo happy that i my store has Layaway XD Getting this in the next month or so  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:28 pm
I don't like the idea of not using UMDs though. Having them now is practically useless.  

dreamingblood

Distinct Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Signature Look 250

xXKage_HitokiriXx

5,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:45 pm
eh im not rly a big fan of it either. i am just gna stick with the slim.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:01 am
Even though Sony said that they will still be upholding the normal psp systems, I doubt they will be making Umds much longer.  

dreamingblood

Distinct Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Signature Look 250

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 am
I want a PSP of any kind, but I can't afford to go out and get one. Also, though I think I want it, I'm not sure how bad. I mean, there are a lot of games I want to try, including the new Final Fantasy games and the remake of Star Ocean II as well as the other Star Ocean games for it and the KH ones (there are KH ones, right), and the Sims ones if there are any, but even if I had a job, if I bought a PSP and all the games that I wanted to play, I have a feeling that even if I found them all second hand at someplace like Gamestop, I'd still be spending enough money to pay rent on an apartment or even a house for a month or two, maybe three...or enough to get into college for a semester (the downpayment for college, or at least half of it), or enough to pay my loan bills for a few months, maybe half a year or even a year if I consolidate them (if that's the right word), or enough to buy me a few months worth of food for myself if I were on my own...which are a lot of things I could use right now (sort of need, though right now I am provided for), so even if I had a job, I probably wouldn't get a PSP. There are other reasons too. Or if I did get the PSP, I'd probably only buy a couple of games that I desperately want to play.

Of course I also don't think I'm as obsessed with video games as I used to be, and I also want to get the EPs for The Sims 2 for the PC, so even if I had a job and money to spare for games, I'd probably buy those first.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:09 pm
I get ya'll points with the UMDs reason why that is no prob for me is my bro broke my psp years ago and never played umds. Got it fixed and i only have Dissida on UMD so i am not bugged by that at all. The only thing freaking bugging me about getting it is.....if i only spend 50 bucks more i can get a ps3......... so idk at this point. Only game that i HAVE to play tho for the Ps3 is FF which is on the Xbox too and i rent the game and play FF at my freinds house.

I just wish i knew if square was gonna make more FF for both systems or what cuz thats what will make me get a Ps3. or Xbox 360  

Terror Of DeathX

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:44 pm
Yeah, I like my UMDs too. I don't like to buy things unless I can touch them; I've had too much experience in things getting wiped, be it a computer, a memory card, a flash drive... I also like the bigger screen; I love that about the PSP as opposed to other handhelds. Size isn't a huge deal to me, really.

I don't have too many games for either the PSP or PS3 either, actually... but I love the few PSP games I have, and besides future games I'm awaiting, half the reason I got a PS3 was because my PS2 won't play PS1 games anymore... but I'd have obviously had to get it anyway because of future games, not the least of which is Versus. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:03 pm
ya i am like the oppsite of ya Raven XD i have a HUGE slection of games at my house and i dont have much space for all of them and all my Manga and other books so they start to pile up.

I also use my psp as a mp3 because i am VERY cheap and see no need to buy a ipod or anything else when i know i have something that can play music for me at home.

So for me to be able to cut back on all the boxes and boxes of games i have is a plus and not having to keep on going thru the seven 2Gig memory sticks i have to listen to music or watch a vid or play my saved game all the time is sooo freakin awesome XD  

Terror Of DeathX

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 pm
Haha, I do have to admit that I love being able to look at the entire bedroom wall filled with books and manga, too. 3nodding  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games