Reply Advice Forum
... :(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siumbering Princess22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:01 pm
So..it's been quite a while since I posted in the geezer guild. And I'm not exactly sure what I'm asking advice on. I'm just extremely lonely & feeling depressed. So I guess I'm just gonna act like a fool and spill my guts here..like it will do anything.

Anyway...my life is a mess right now. I'm 23 yrs old with a little girl who just turned 2 yrs old. I'm on unemployment, I got laid off from my job. And I'm basically alone. My family is pretty worthless. My parents could care less where I end up. And I got an eviction notice this month, and I just don't know what to do anymore. The job situation only got worse now that my phone is shut off, and jobs can't even call me if they wanted to.

I'm just lost and alone. And all that matters is that my daughter has everything she needs. But right now I just have nowhere to look for courage or strength...or hope. I have to be strong I have no choice..I have to for her. Theres just moments where I feel like I'm gonna break, and I just cant do it anymore...and I just don't know what to do. sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:30 pm
I would say, Seasonal work. I know that for instance, My job is seasonal. I have an option to come back season to season but again it's only for a season. There should be a lot of ice rinks, hockey stadiums, you name it Wal-mart is possibly going to be hiring seasonal christmas help. so there's potentials in jobs. biggrin you're never alone you're just out of touch with those who care for you and of course it looks like this guild has been here for you in previous times biggrin how did that custody stuff go? *read some but not all* XD razz  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:33 pm
*puts arms around you and gives you a warm, comforting hug, and a shoulder to cry on*

I won't tell you that I know what you're going through, because I don't. But what I will tell you is that I empathize with you on a certain basis. I too was in a predicament whereas I didn't know where to go and what to do. For me, my pride was getting in the way of asking my parents for help because I felt that I was too grown to depend on my parents. In your situation you don't have that luxury, but there are options out there. I don't know where your pride is, but I pray that it's not too big to ward off help from the state and government. With the fact that you have a child and are a single parent, there are all sorts of help-i.e., Medicaid/Medicare, WIC, and there should be a helpline in your area for situations such as this. I know that you feel trapped with no way out, but you are not painted into a corner. All you have to do is ask for help and it's out there for you. If you perchance go to church, ask your pastor/minister or even the womens department about help. DHS and social services/workers are also a good place to go and ask questions. The one thing you must realize and remember, no matter how hard it gets and how many times you get knocked back down, you are NOT alone and keep getting back up. Right now these are just words because I realize you're hurting, but if you ever feel the need to talk, rant and rave, or just boo-hoo til your throat is sore, I'm here....My name is Icy Reign and aside from the present circumstances, it's a pleasure to meet you...Don't be afraid to hit me up....take care and I hope you find all that you are looking for. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:53 pm
Me and her father worked things out, and we are no longer going to court. The walmart thing is no good I worked there already when I was 18. They won't hire me back. I've filled out aps everywhere. I'm also on WIC, and foodstamps. I'm getting basically as much as I can from welfare, because I'm still getting my unemployment. So I make too much for anything else. *crazy that I "make too much"*. My daughter has health insurance. I dont, but she does so thats all that matters. My sister has offered for me to move in with her. But I'd have to move into my baby nephews room. And my sister and her husband were both laid off, and they are both looking for jobs as well. So I really don't want to cause more problems for them then they already have as well. My dad imed me online asking how I was. I explained to him I got an eviction notice. he said "oh ok. well im gonna get back to my game". My mother said if my dad let me move back in shed move out and divorce him. I have noone else. I sadly do ask for help. I don't want too, but I have my daughter. So far she hasn't been without anything. But soon...I don't know what will happen.  

Siumbering Princess22

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:06 pm
Meijer? the Mid-west/ Michigan Based and expanding competition to Walmart.

Are there any arena's or hockey stadiums? maybe you could work at something in that venue? um, house keeping at a hotel? i'm not saying go for a 4star or something but maybe just a plain jane hotel. Could you parents maybe look after your daughter/sister? that would give you better mobility untill you can become settled again? biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:25 pm
The only advice I have to offer is that if your sister is offering you a place to stay, you should take it if there are no other options open to you. You may not like it and feel terrible for it due to your sister's financial troubles, but it's better that your daughter has a roof over her head than for you to be out on the street.

Additionally, if your sister has a working phone, this also opens up the opportunity for jobs to call you.

I do not know your sister well enough to say this definitively, but I would think that she would not have offered her home if she did not mean it. Keep in mind that even if you are in some way a "problem" to them, sometimes others are willing to take on that kind of responsibility in order to help out those they care about.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces