Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
More info on the mortal instruments movie...and more... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you excited for either of these?
  Yes! Of Course! Can't Wait!
  No. The movies may be bad.
  Im not sure.
  I dont care.
View Results

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Yeah...
loveless_in_hell
there crazy stare

Elizabeta_Hungary
I acctually got a friend that doesnt like reading manga, but likes to watch anime...i dont get it.
loveless_in_hell
who doesn't?? lol

wiscaligirl
me too. I luv to read manga!
Anaya_of_Wolves
A movie would be great...if they just wouldn't mess it up. HOPEFULLY, they will keep to the oringinal story line...HOPEFULLY. Thought, isn't a long book to begin with...not as long as Twilight...

A manga-version would be AWESOME! I would love to have it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 pm
I think the movie might be okay...
I've never read books turned graphic novels unless i just want to see what it looks like. From what I can tell there's not much you can screw up by turning a book into a graphic novel.  

Ace-Light

GipsyFae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:35 pm
styxbeam
If they make a movie, I'm going to hurt someone if Alex Pettyfer doesn't play Jace. Seriously. He's the PERFECT Jace. And Odette Yustman has to play Isabelle or Maryse. No competition. 3nodding

I just googled that Alex guy..I so agree.. He needs to be Jace! ditto for Odette.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 pm
Like what everyone else is saying, They best not turn the movie into a flop like they did with Twilight, or there is going to be hell to pay!!!  

GipsyFae

animeteen122

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:27 pm
I would love for it to be a movie, but no movie is the same. it kills the book. Also, it may gain fans that only read it and like it because of the Movie. Real fans are those that read it for it. Also, i dont want it to be like twilight with all the promotional crap. Its perfect the way it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 pm
Please see my other thread for my opinion on manga smile As to the movie...well we have all been dreaming about it havent we? I mean there are even vids on youtube about it....  

stacieakapink5

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:42 pm
yeah, I've seen some of those videos, and I can tell some people have really put some time into those videos...
stacieakapink5
Please see my other thread for my opinion on manga smile As to the movie...well we have all been dreaming about it havent we? I mean there are even vids on youtube about it....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:43 pm
I agree so much with the promotional stuff. It annoyed me too. I didnt even buy any. The only thing twilight I own is the books, and I'm keeping it that way.
animeteen122
I would love for it to be a movie, but no movie is the same. it kills the book. Also, it may gain fans that only read it and like it because of the Movie. Real fans are those that read it for it. Also, i dont want it to be like twilight with all the promotional crap. Its perfect the way it is.

Elizabeta_Hungary

chickjock11 rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)

chickjock11

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:26 pm
if they made a movie it might suck .look at twilight where the hell is the forest in the book .the movie sucked ithink kids should make give us normal pple a chance not some one like demi lavato or miley cyrus let normal kids do the parts except for alex petifer for jace he is hot heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm
I dont mean to play the "anti-twilight" game however this is a MORTAL INSTRUMENTS guild. Theres a big difference. I think that the movie will be better because Cassie wouldnt let it be crappie. smile heart  

stacieakapink5

BlondieTheZombie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 am
Elizabeta_Hungary
Ultravoilet_Roses
i kinda wish thet wouldnt make a movie, but then again maybe hollywood might not totally kill it. a manga series might be ok as long as the art is good. blaugh

I Agree. I don't know if u liked twilight as a movie, but i compleatly hated it, cause i thought it did no justice as to how good the book is.
As for the manga, I do wish they would get someone from like, oh say, Japan, China, or Korea, cause i've seen some of the Japanese twilight art, and it looked really good.

Im sorry but i thought twilight as a movie was waaaaay better than the books. The twilight saga are the most amatuerly written books i've ever read :/ and they're not even her own ideas! She just stole them and wrote it. I feel sorry for people with english degrees. They don't seem to be hard to get if Stephanie Meyer got one.
I hope they don't make a movie out othe mortal instruments because i think they'll probably ruin it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:08 pm
Directors just need to let authors have more of a say in the movie making process of a book adaptation than they do now. Im really excited for the movie and if it's bad, the manga will make up for it. After i saw the cirque du freak movie, i was disappointed, but i felt better after ready the manga(it was really good). Then again, it was a japanese manga, not american, so heres hoping.  

netherfreak
Captain

Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas