Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Advice Forum
What's it like marrying a person with kids?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 pm
I mean marrying someone who already has children.

I'm autistic, so I have no plans of having any biological children. Autistic/ADD/Tourette's/[insert mental/psychological disorder here] kids are usually even more of a nightmare than "normal" kids... xp

I plan either on adopting or marrying someone who already has children.

What should I expect? I mean, I know I'm not ready for marriage now, but what should I expect in the future, when I do marry a woman with children?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm
Sure an older members' guild as large this must have SOMEONE who married into a family... gonk  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

N0che

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:54 pm
I'm not married....but I would think it be a little hard, depending on how old the children would be. Cause you would have to do a lot to gain their trust.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm
It does depend on the age of the children and how they've been raised. My roommate's brother married a woman with three kids. The youngest, who was two at the time, had no problem seeing him as her father. The older boys, who were 5 and 6 at the time, had a harder time adjusting. The oldest resented having a new dad in the picture, when it had always been just his mother that he had to obey. He actually acted up in school, hoping that he would be able to split them up. That was three years ago, and all of the kids have accepted that their dad is there to stay. But, it really depends on the situation.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces