Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Conventions and Cosplay
First time making a Hetalia cosplay...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FeIiciano

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Gakuko Kamui
Shanghai Disco

So, I'm going to make an Italy costume for the only local convention we have where I live. I've still got a while, but I'd like to get started on it now. (My local Anime club is having a cosplay contest.) My hair colour and eye colour are the same, but, I have a few problems.

1. Where to buy a pattern to make it? Should I search through our local craft store for something similar to Italy's uniform, or should I try to find one online?
2. Binding? Obviously, I'm a girl, and it just won't look right unless I bind my chest... I've actually never attempted before, I've never cosplayed a guy before.
3. The hair curl. Gel? My mom said use wire... I don't know.
4. Last, my glasses. Should I get contacts? I'm scared of them, but I can't see three feet without my glasses, and my last cosplay looked terrible with my glasses...(I was Rin Kagamine...Vocaloid..)

So...any help? I'd really appreciate any advice you could offer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 pm
1)Look for something close to it and if you need to modify the patterns to get them closer. Or look up tutorials on how to modify patterns on youtube.

2) If you can't get an actual chest binder wear a sports bra or tight tank and a shirt over then duck tape around your cheast. If you tape directly on your skin it will hurt like heck.

3) If your using a wig I suggest wire and braid it around the curl if your worried about product. If you don't mind using product in the wig or using your real hair hold the hair in the shape of the curl and spray the curl as much as possible with hair spray then blow dry right after. We do this all the time for curls and doing hair like Axel's from kingdom hearts with my cuzo's actual hair. It works. DO NOT use gel. It is a heavy product and will weigh the hair down to much.

4) Unless you intend to take your picture with your glasses off and wear them the rest of the time I would recomend contacts.  

Ishuzi

Blessed Seeker

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 am
Everything you basically need to know for binding is right here.
As for glasses/contacts, it depends on what you're more comfortable with. Contacts would look better, but if you're not comfortable wearing them, then by all means wear glasses!!  
Conventions and Cosplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games