Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Music makes the world go 'round

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:20 pm
Alright,

I'm getting ready to go watch the new Disney movie in theaters and I was wondering . . . what's everyone's favorite song?

Okay, we get that question a lot; this time though, I want to know what is your favorite song from a Disney film.
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Beauty And The Beast, The Lion King, Anastasia...wait...what do you mean Anastasia isn't Disney! I thought All Animation is Disney?! (<-links to TvTropes. Beware of addiction)
I guess I'll open this up a it more to your favorite song from a big children's movie. >,>
Which song really gets your skin to tingle? Or maybe, what song really touched your heart? What do you just have to sing along with?

For me? It has to be the song from Hercules, "Go the Distance." It's packed full with great music and gives an undeniable feeling of hope and inspiration! (<3 Michael Bolton)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:02 pm
Baha, my friends and I sing "Go the Distance" at random points when one of us is like nervous about doing something.

So then, this is just any cartoon movie song?
Cause I like about every song from Anastasia. Baha. XD

And did you like Princess and the Frog?
I thought it was great, personally. XD

Reels

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 pm
If it was just Disney, we couldn't use Anastasia. xd
(It's not Disney, believe it or not)

Haven't seen it yet. =p

What is your favorite song though?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:17 am
Baaah, I messed up my wordage in that post. Sorry. sweatdrop

Hrm, currently I have to say my favorite is "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the Frog. Yeah. Haha.

Reels

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:29 am
Awwwww, mannn, you can't possibly make me choose. I go completely crazy upon hearing some Disney songs I love the ones from the Lion King... Mulan... Anastasia...

Anastasia has no right to not be Disney. It's just too similar.

Lion King II, Aladdin, Hercules, Pocahontas... If you made a MEDLEY out of every song from those movies. xp If I must pick, though...

I'm tempted to go with "We Are One" from Lion King II, but that's partly because whenever I hear it now, I can't help but remember that it's Kratos's voice from Tales of Symphonia. xd Beyond that, though... I might say Pocahontas's "Colors of the Wind," because it has nostalgia value, plus the lyrics themselves are beautifully written and really mean a lot to me.

If I may, I'd like to add an honorable mention to my favorite non-vocal Disney song? It's already a memorable scene, but the music just makes it so much more heart-wrenching... Best listened to at about twice your normal volume.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:30 am
Well, the guy who made Anastasia was the lead animator at Disney for a while. xd (If I recall)

He's also the one that made: An American Tale, Land Before Time, Secret of NIMH, All Dogs go to Heaven, Troll in Central Park, Rock a Doodle, etc.
As you can see, his movies are almost entirely Disney-like movies....and also very heart-wrenching movies! D:

I'm ashamed to say I haven't really watched Lion King 2. (or that 1/2 movie) I hate sequels with a passion. D: (mostly)

Gonna have to go look up that song. >,>  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:42 pm
AGH, I went to see The Princess and the Frog just the other day. <3 It was good - I loved the music. Friends on the Other Side was amazing.

Hmm, favorite Disney songs...

Well, I guess my faves would be Beauty and the Beast (the same), Friend Like Me (Aladdin), I Wanna Be Like You (The Jungle Book) I Won't Say (Hercules), and I'll Make a Man out of You (Mulan).

Brother Bear and Tarzan had good music too, as well as Pocahontas, but I don't know if I'd consider any other songs favorites.

OH, and Poor Unfortunate Soul (The Little Mermaid) is like, the best villan song ever. EVER.

And the Great Mouse Dectective is the best Disney movie ever. No argument.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:12 pm
Oh my gosh Kazuma, you have to see Lion King II. Trust me, I'm usually not a fan of sequels either, but I personally think it's as good as a lot of the original Disney classics. Lion King 1 1/2, not so much. stare

You just made me look up that other guy too, Don Bluth. xd I never realized one person did all that; I love him now!

Oooh, I Won't Say (I'm in Love) is one of my favorites, too. All the music in Hercules is pretty awesome.

I actually haven't seen Brother Bear... I really wanted to, but I never got around to it. It looked really sad, though... How is it?  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas