Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Hush, Hush- A Mixture or MI/Deadly Little Secrets?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Has anyone else read the new book Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, and been creepily reminded by both the Mortal Instruments series and Deadly Little Secrets bu Laurie Stolarz (The Touch Series)? I swear, if these two books mated, Hush, Hush would be their baby.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think Hush, Hush is really good, but I had to say something.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:10 pm
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH i did LOVE hush hush!! but i never read Deadly Little Secrets so i couldnt compare.....lol  

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:20 pm
You really should read Deadly Little Secrets, it's very good. Obviously Hush, Hush was good, how could it not be if I'm relating it to MI? (:  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 pm
I read that book. :'D
It did remind me of the Mortal Instruments series. I guess it was the idea of angels and what not. And though they are two different characters, Patch kind of reminded me of Jace - that could just be me, though!

PIINT

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:51 am
STATiK CHiL
I read that book. :'D
It did remind me of the Mortal Instruments series. I guess it was the idea of angels and what not. And though they are two different characters, Patch kind of reminded me of Jace - that could just be me, though!

Yes! Haha, Patch reminded me completely of Jace. Glad I'm not the only one. (:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 am
I bought Hush, Hush by accident. I had thought it was a book on Icreaus from Greek Mythology, what with the cover having a man with molting wings in the sky. Then i read the cover summary and didn't want to stop. That was one of the best book i've read. I love the fact of Patch being a Fallen Angel. Plus with the fact that there might be a sequal Crescendo I'm absolutly Thrilled
And he did remind me of Jace I thought it was funny reading it and the Mortal Instruments at the same time.
Never Read Dirty Little Secrets but it sounds good. Nother Book to add to the List. xd  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:08 am
Starcatcher07
I bought Hush, Hush by accident. I had thought it was a book on Icreaus from Greek Mythology, what with the cover having a man with molting wings in the sky. Then i read the cover summary and didn't want to stop. That was one of the best book i've read. I love the fact of Patch being a Fallen Angel. Plus with the fact that there might be a sequal Crescendo I'm absolutly Thrilled
And he did remind me of Jace I thought it was funny reading it and the Mortal Instruments at the same time.
Never Read Dirty Little Secrets but it sounds good. Nother Book to add to the List. xd

When I first saw Hush, Hush, I went into Borders and the display said 'THE NEXT TWILIGHT!' Which, of course, immediantly put me off. But someone bought it for me for Christmas and it was so good! Definately read Deadly Little Secrets, it's like Hush, Hush in that it's got the whole 'He's dangerous, I should stay away, but I am oh so attracted to him' thing going on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 am
Spoiler for Hush, Hush.
Few people said to me it was like twilight just from reading the Three little words "A sacred oath, a fallen angel, a forbidden love." IT IS NOT. Twilight is completely different then this. Least Edward wasn't trying to kill bella at the begining. Patch was. Plus the whole him being her guardian Angel. the First thing I thought was AWWW.  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 am
Starcatcher07
Spoiler for Hush, Hush.
Few people said to me it was like twilight just from reading the Three little words "A sacred oath, a fallen angel, a forbidden love." IT IS NOT. Twilight is completely different then this. Least Edward wasn't trying to kill bella at the begining. Patch was. Plus the whole him being her guardian Angel. the First thing I thought was AWWW.

I liked the whole thing where Patch was trying to kill her, it made sure it wasn't the whole cliche love-at-first-sight thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm
I know i've been kinda sick of that. SORRY I don't believe in Love a first sight. I believe in attraction at frist sight. But you can't tell what someone's like at first sight.  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:13 am
Starcatcher07
I know i've been kinda sick of that. SORRY I don't believe in Love a first sight. I believe in attraction at frist sight. But you can't tell what someone's like at first sight.

It is completely unrealistic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 pm
THANK YOU SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm
Is hush hush really that good? It looked interesting(i thought it was about icarus at first too but i had just finished rereading the fourth percy jackson book) but i was afraid to buy it cause one tight on money and two i didnt want to get disapointed with another bad angel book(not mortal instruments obviously). and ive nvr heard of dirty little secret.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:09 pm
mai_ivey
Starcatcher07

It is completely unrealistic.

○○○

Oh, my god. Sane people. :'D Thank god I'm not the only one who cringes at that type of story.

I have to read Hush, Hush. It sounds really good. And thank-you for not putting really glaringly obvious and big spoilers; I read that little blurb and it still didn't ruin anything for me. Haha. So thanks. P:

I got a ton of books out from the library recently, so I'm going to town on them this week. I'm putting some titles in the recommendations thread, so check it out if you guys are bored~? <3

○○○

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:06 pm
Love Hush Hush. My cousin is going to buy the sequel and let me read it...after her of course.
Patch is amazing.
comparing books is hard for me. like with percy jackson some said its like Harry Potter and i couldnt see it.
Comparing characters yeah easy, patch is like a mix between Jace and Alec and Magnus at some parts.  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games