Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
The Wire

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you watch TV?
  yes
  no
  only the news/sports
  no, because I watch it all online
  no, because I'm not interested in western media
  no, I watch box-sets
  no, too busy
View Results

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 pm
I am bored, and thus starting a new topic.

Soooo... ninja

What shows (western) do you guys watch? On TV, box-set DVDs, or online? What's your favorite channel?

Right now I'm watching Fringe, Bones, Glee (although that one is off-air until april), 24 (I love my Jack Bauer Power Hour), just finished Merlin, and will watch Doctor Who as soon as it starts back up again. I used to watch House, but the last few years it's been bothering me (I really hate Cuddy, and think she and House have no chemistry whatsoever). I also watch a lot of Law and Order SVU reruns (mostly because I'm not home when it plays on wensdays). I also think Frasier is the best sitcom ever.

I have an irrational love of watching shows on TV, when they air. Something about commercial breaks makes it more fun for me, I think. You watch, see a commercial, go pee, grab a snack, run back so as not to miss the beginning of your show. Before I moved to the states, I used to actually kinda like watching the commercials (like, actually liked, not just didn't mind), but commercials here are horrible. xd Some shows, like Merlin, don't air over here, so I'll watch them online, and others, like Fringe, air when I'm at school, so I watch it online too.

The channel with the most shows I like is probably Fox (I hate their 'news', though). The channel I'll put on when I just want something in the background is the Weather Channel. xD It's always on at my house.

My little sister has recently introduced me to the Discovery Channel (I used to watch it when I was younger, and it was all nature shows). I am now intensly in love with Survivorman (canadians ftw <3). Dirty Jobs is pretty win too, as well as How It's Made and Cash Cab. I might slowly be falling for Man vs Wild (mostly because of Bear's intense hotness lack of new Survivorman), and I liked Mythbusters before it got to the point where it's all about blowing s**t up.

TL;DR: I am way to obsessed with TV.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Oh, man, that's a big question... I don't watch as much western TV as anime, but there are some shows I like.

I always end up watching all those crime shows (CSI, Law & Order, and such) because my mom always has them on, but the only one I like is NCIS. Really, the characters are just so much more interesting. I love Abby. I'd have loved to watch 24, but with a show with such a definite continuity, I don't want to start in the middle. Even at the beginning of a season, I feel like I'm behind. I've always wanted to watch Dr. Who, too. I just saw a couple of episodes, but I really liked it from that.

Probably my favorite, though, is Scrubs. :hearts: It's got the perfect mix of comedy and serious stuff, and it shifts between them, like, every three minutes, but it feels natural, so it's awesome. And again, such awesomely amusing characters. I still like Mythbusters! I don't think it's quite as good as it used to be, but they've kind of done all the good myths already, unfortunately... I do like the explosions, too! Yeah, it's a little more of the focus, but they still do the science-y stuff too... I also shamefully love Gilmore Girls. More the earlier episodes, before all the Yale and crap, because they weren't as emo and I hate Logan. A lot. In a way, they kind of remind me of my mom and me, so I guess I kind of have an ulterior motive in being upset when Rory turns into a moron. stare

Um... Do anime-influenced stuffs count? Avatar and Teen Titans, hobviously. Code Lyoko was pretty awesome too, though.

Commercials here are horrible?! ...Well... I've never anywhere else, so who am I to say? ninja A lot of them are dumb, but there are a lot of good ones, too...

Okay, I'm done. Am totally forgetting stuff, but WHATEVS.

Edit: Oh! Oh! Alice! I absolutely fell in love with this. Just... it's awesome. Awesome awesome.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas