Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official How to Draw Manga Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: artist, manga, anime, draw, learn 

Reply Comic Creators/Manga-ka
TALENTED & DEDICATED manga artist needed to join our studio!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested?
  Yes
  Maybe
  Nah
  Gold~
View Results

enchantedsleeper

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello! I head up a comic studio called Catalytic Productions, which has been on Gaia for three years (so we're not just one of those 'manga groups' that crops up and then disappears immediately), since January 6 2007. We've been working hard on producing our first comic, but we ran into a big problem when our artist had to quit the studio for personal reasons. So, now we need an artist who will be able to take over from her. This isn't a paid position, I'm afraid; all of us (at the moment we have five members) work off enthusiasm, a love of creating comics and a will to improve our skills. But you do gain a lot in experience, and I'm not just saying that, because before I joined the studio I'd never written a comic script before, but now I've finished one, I'm writing two more and I plan to do a comic script for Script Frenzy (a challenge where you write 100 script pages in 30 days).

We're not looking for someone whose art is identical to hers, but similar would be good, and it has to be in a manga/Japanese style. Although our studio accepts all styles, this particular comic is a spoof of some common manga clichés and so a 'typical' manga style, similar to that of Chobits for example, is needed for it to work. Want to see what's been done so far? Here are the pages that our previous artist has drawn. You won't be expected to ink them - someone else does that - or tone or do anything except draw the pages with some simple backgrounds. Easy, right?

The script is all written and finished; it's not a huge long epic, but it's substantial, made up of three parts of roughly 20 pages each and two 'random interludes' which are one page long. And this is crucial: whoever we hire has to be in it to finish it, because we can't afford to have more than two artists drawing this comic or it'd become ridiculous.

Don't be scared, though; we don't bite, we're really very friendly and we'd love you to come and chat in our recruitment thread if you're interested in drawing with us. We also have a couple of other positions open if you're not an artist but still might like to join the studio, so take a look at our front page, which also has more information on who the heck we are. xD We also have a website and a guild. ^^

If you've got any questions that I haven't answered, ask away!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:54 pm
i will talk about it with my mom and see if i should do it i need some where to show of my talent  

SzayelChan

Djfire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:21 pm
You all seem pretty interesting, I might be a bit interested hehe. So hows the search for a new artist so far?  
Comic Creators/Manga-ka

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games