Combining Words for title help request

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maki-chi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:43 pm
User Image
So I'm working on a comic that it still up in my head but I would like the title to be in Japanese. Words that spring up to me are

いびつ for distorted
じせい for reflection

which would become in translation : Distorted Reflection. And from what I understand いびつ is a な adjective. So would it be いびつなじせい? 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 pm
いいえでしょうけど、 I'm not sure about this particle really. I believe that it would read like this. いひつがじせい  

Eris5

Coda Highland
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:59 pm
Eris5
いいえでしょうけど、 I'm not sure about this particle really. I believe that it would read like this. いひつがじせい

No, Maki was right, it's な there. What you said is something along the lines of "distortion is reflection."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:35 pm
はんしゃ (反射) or はんえい (反映) make a better translation for the word "reflection" in my opinion. The first more implies a mirror's reflection or the reflection of a surface of water. The second seems more or less more towards "a reflection of something" or a "representation of something".  

IdiotbyDefault
Crew

TinuhhBabyx3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:29 pm
Idk Japanese yet but I have a pretty good translator and it came out like this, 歪んだ反射  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:24 am
TinuhhBabyx3
Idk Japanese yet but I have a pretty good translator and it came out like this, 歪んだ反射

Don't trust digital translators. That particular result isn't bad but this is the kind of thing that's much better done by yourself.  

Coda Highland
Crew

TinuhhBabyx3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 pm
Ohhh okeys xD
I just have it to help me learn.
So far it's done me good. It's the firefox IM translator.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:13 pm
TinuhhBabyx3
Ohhh okeys xD
I just have it to help me learn.
So far it's done me good. It's the firefox IM translator.

Well, just remember to take everything it gives you with caution. It's not always right. I found it more useful to use it to see if my own Japanese translated back into English the way I think it should have.  

Coda Highland
Crew

maki-chi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 pm
IdiotbyDefault
はんしゃ (反射) or はんえい (反映) make a better translation for the word "reflection" in my opinion. The first more implies a mirror's reflection or the reflection of a surface of water. The second seems more or less more towards "a reflection of something" or a "representation of something".
User Image

So let's say I was refering to the reflection of like a person. Like how they would reflect at themselves. I guess I was implying it to be similar to a mirror's reflection so does the 2nd one represent that more or the first?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:09 pm
maki-chi
IdiotbyDefault
User Image

So let's say I was refering to the reflection of like a person. Like how they would reflect at themselves. I guess I was implying it to be similar to a mirror's reflection so does the 2nd one represent that more or the first?

Reflection of a mirror is the first one.  

RyuseiStreamGirl

Beloved Friend

The Japanese Student Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces