Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 pm
Edit:: Vivi got rejected. New dilemma in latest post (light pink one)

So, I'm in need of a little help, darlings. xD
This first half of the school year has been just insane; I finally managed to let go of my previous crush of three years, since I finally realized that I didn't actually think of him like that anymore. And I started focusing on my friends, I made time for them and hung out with them and got to know them better, made new friends, turned a new leaf. And I got to know one of my guy friends much better, we started hanging out a lot and I learned so much about him. We're so similar it's ridiculous, we constantly finish each other's thoughts, we share all the same ideas and philosophies and ambitions, and I'm just having the time of my life with him. I can't be with him and not laugh, we've got the same sense of humour; we're always trading jokes or trying to make the other person laugh, and he just makes me so totally happy. I'm just... absolutely crazy about him. I could talk forever about how great he is, but I realized that I'm getting further and further away from the point and I should probably navigate back that way.
And after I realized that I really do like him, I've debated back and forth asking him out. I've been like, literally a breath and a few syllables away from telling him how I feel, but I always back out. XP And I've kinda decided that I'm sick of deliberating and procrastinating. I'm scared because I don't know if he likes me or not-- I'm not going to lie, it really could go either way. I mean, we flirt all the time, but it's not like he's strictly like that with me. He's just more-so with me, especially when we're alone. And self-confidence issues are playing behind the scenes around this, too, so I have decided that I just really do not know and I won't know unless I take a chance. I'm scared of losing him as a friend if this doesn't work out, like, things getting awkward, but I really care about him as more than just a friend.
I don't know what the best way would be. I've gone over dozens of short scripts of what I'd say, deconstructed them all, looked for ways they could go wrong, and it's killing me. XP I'm not sure if I should wait until after Valentine's day, because I don't want it to seem like I'm just desperate for anyone because of the stupid day. And I'm afraid of after the day because of the same reason... lol. Basically it's just an excuse for me to prolong that moment of ultimate fear.
I have two tickets to a concert (Billy Talent! n.n;; ) that my mom got me for Christmas that's coming up in early March, I just realized this morning, and I've been debating who to bring (and of course he was always the first person I thought of, because I think he'd appreciate the show, too, but never really thought beyond the fact that I'd like to bring him. I don't know why. xD) So I thought, hey!! I could ask him to go to the concert with me. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to word it so that it doesn't sound like just his friend asking him to attend a concert with her, but an actual legit date kind of thing. We're really close friends and we're always hanging out and going somewhere together, so I'm thinking that he'd easily just think it was a friend sort of thing.

So... ah, assuming you finished this whole dysfunctional and no doubt gigantic paragraph of disorderly rambling, what do you girls think I should do? Should I ask him out? Should I confess how I feel? Should I ask him to the concert? And how should I do it, when?
I know that I'm definitely doing it face-to-face, because holy hell, I'm almost eighteen (march 17th~); if I can't face my fears, I've very little hope for the future.
Thanks, darlings~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 am
The best thing is to be blunt about it. There's no other way to do it. If you beat around the bush, he won't pick up on anything. Just ask him to the concert. I realize it's difficult. Hell, it's difficult for me to talk to any guy about this sort of thing. However, I find that bluntness is the best approach.  

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:21 pm
Thanks for your input! <3
Yeah, you're right. Blunt, direct, is best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 pm
Say, I think you're really great and I'd like to go out with you. I have two tickets to a concert in March. Would you like to go with me?  

Kaiyle Brightblade

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:06 pm
ASK HIM OUT!!!! Ask him to that concert 3nodding 3nodding Definitely!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:32 pm
Ahaha, thanks you guys. XD
I'm gonna do it, then. He asked me to hang out with him afterschool tomorrow, so I might have the perfect chance~

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Hot and Sexy Kelly

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:27 pm
how did it go????  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm
Haaaah... XD
I'm not gonna lie. I didn't ask him.
Not yet.
But I have to soon, if I'm still going to ask him to the concert. Because it's like... next week. A week tomorrow, I believe. That's scary to say (because I'm leaving on the sixth for my trip to Spain~! I can't believe it's so close, finally!)
Gaaahh. I just need to suck it up and... run at it. Screw the proper script and whatnot. Just... do it.
I'm scared of making things awkward between us, but... nothing ventured, nothing gained, you know?

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

wovienna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 am
Ask to the concert first than ask him out after it.. tell him how you feel about him and everything.. It work with me.. I had a crush on my boyfriend before i told him my feelings than he ask me out the next day of school..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 pm
So, I asked him to the concert today n.n;; I was so high on adrenaline and joie de vivre (in third block, Physics 12, we went outside and shot a stuffed bunny with three-person slingshots. XD! I freaking love physics now), I just... did it. I was breathless and stuttering, and it was awesome. And it was just outside my fourth block (Francais Langue) class, so they probably all know, hahaha. My friend was turning off the lights at the door, she was right there, XD
I don't know if he took it as a date or anything, like, I kinda set it up like I was asking him out, I was like, "So, what are you doing Wednesday at around, say, seven?" which I thought was sly... XD but... you know. Whatever.
He still said he'd go, and that's good enough for me at the moment~

If he follows through, that's the big question. I don't mean that he's flaky... but yeah, he can be flaky. XD He doesn't ask his parents for permission until it's too late, and he often has to watch his little sister and brother and pick them up from school, etc. But I'm hoping~!

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:27 pm
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but update:
I told him how I felt, and also said that I didn't want stuff to get awkward between us, and I got rejected. XP
He took it really well, though, he was really gentlemanly and understanding about it, and he said he still wants to be friends and hopes things aren't awkward as well.
But it still kinda hurts D;
I haven't seen him since, because I just got back from Spain (which was awesome, btw.) I was supposed to see him today with a whole crowd of friends for my birthday, but not too many people showed up, and he had to stay home and babysit. I don't know what it's gonna be like when we see each other again, and it's scaring me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:11 am
Best of luck D:  

Queen of Peeps

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas