Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Death at a Funeral American remake.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atomic Bride

Tipsy Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:13 am
Does this piss off anyone else?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IMDB

I understand things get translated and Americanized all the time, but really? A brilliantly dry humored Brittish comedy gets turned into a goofy urban black comedy? How far away from the real thing can you get?

I mean, Danny Glover as the old grandpa who gets s**t all over the place? Really?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 am
I don't think a lot of (Americans) people actually know about this movie. I prefer the original over the remake but I think if anyone should do a remake it should be in the hands of Chris Rock and company.  

rocksteadyandbebop

ExpendableTribbleKeeper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:06 am
No. No. No. No. And no. Americans should keep things they way they were (i.e. good) and to stop remaking everything that isn't exactly how they want it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:01 pm
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY PETER DINKLAGE

I find it totally amusing that Zoe Saldana seems to be playing the daughter with the unacceptable boyfriend who is played by James Marsden.  

Quixotic Faye

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:13 pm
6th_Lust
No. No. No. No. And no. Americans should keep things they way they were (i.e. good) and to stop remaking everything that isn't exactly how they want it.

I agree with you 100% (and I am American.) The bought the original one right when it came to DVD and I freaking loved it!! I know I will see this remake eventually, probably when it makes its way to HBO or something, but I refuse to see it in the theaters. I am so tired of Hollywood remaking movies, I found out that they were remaking The Orphanage a few weeks ago and had a rant about that. I really can't stand anyone making any remakes of movies that aren't even ten years old!!  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games