Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Scholarship for Lesbian HS, Undergrad, & Graduate Students

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bridget Paloumar

5,500 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:21 pm
Once again, I'm not sure if anyone else would be able to use this, but I thought I'd throw it up here in case it will. This one's called the Traub-Dicker Rainbow Scholarship and has three $3,000 awards available: ]https://www.studentorganizing.org/job.cfm?jobID=4  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:08 pm
I think those are great ideas to support the LGBT community. It's extra incentive for them to pursue a degree and a better life. :3  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:26 am
Why would they make scholarships for lgbt people? I would never try to get a scholarship like that. Why are we even considered different from everyone else?

Eh, I guess it's the same as having scholarships for minorities. I guess lgbt are minorities too.

To be honest, I think I don't really like things that set us too apart from everyone else. Than again, I shouldn't say that since I did join a guild for lgbt and a guild dedicated to people like us would qualify as something that sets us apart from everyone else in a way. So I guess that makes me contradict myself.

...and.... I think I'm rambling. I don't even know where I'm getting at here.

Maybe I'm just in a weird mood today.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 pm
I guess to me it's not different than scholarships for band, choir, athletics, etc. And I see it, as Scratch said, as a way to encourage members of the LGBT community to try to go to college and a way to help us, especially those of us who don't have our parents' financial backing or help.

That's just my viewpoint on it, though. smile

Bridget Paloumar

5,500 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

i Kero - Chu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:06 pm
Sweet (:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:50 pm
I don't care if they set us apart because its money for college and i dont really care where that money comes from as long as it helps me get through college. I would pretend to be a right wing crazy person to get money college if i really needed to. When It comes to my education, money is money, id be willing to sacrifice a little bit just to get money for college because in the long run its all better for me.  

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items