Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Conventions and Cosplay
Reposting this. America cosplay. Help me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gloomy Weeaboo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:31 pm
I accidentally posted this in the wrong place gonk
Anyways,
I need halp. D: I wanna cosplay America but I can't find and affordable but still good wig. Anybody know where to get a good one? (I already tried googling it, all of them are either over $100 or just don't look right...)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 pm
If you have a costume store near where you live, find a wig of the same color and a stand for it and you can cut it into the style of America's hair. The purchased wig doesn't have to be the correct length, as you can always chop as much as you want off. The cowlick can be made with applied heat (ie hairdryer set on a lower setting) and lots of hair spray. Don't use hair gel because it is too heavy and will pull the cowlick down. Just treat it like regular hair when you cut it and make sure there are no tangles in the strands. All in all, this should cost you no more than thirty US dollars and it will look pretty accurate too. I used this method for my Holy Roman Empire wig.
I hope this helps.  

Dark_Passion_Poet

Gloomy Weeaboo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:36 pm
Alright. Thanks. I was thinking of doing that but I had no idea how to do the little hair. o A o Thank-you for telling me o u o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:39 pm
The cowlick is going to be tricky. Worst case scenario, yellow pipe cleaner with some of the wig's hair wrapped around it would work, but the way I stated previously would be better.

Don't worry about it //_^  

Dark_Passion_Poet

satoru-13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 pm
One of the ways I read about on a cosplay forum is to have a wire, and then use glue to stick clippings from the wig onto the wire. And then you'd have a flat strand, which you can bend into any shape you want. Loop the end of the wire, and you can just sew that onto your wig.

Just an alternate method...although it might be more for long ahoges rather than short ones.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:15 pm
O: Try Amphigory

Thats where i got my Alfred wig (the fasion101) and its really nice xD And not expensive O uO
Best thing is with just a little hairspray nantucket stands high and mighty xD And actually stays ;D

Heres what it looked like when i first got it and styled nantucket xD
(dont mind the stupid faces ._.)

Goodluck O uO
Unless im too late xD  

Kaliscopic Kindal

3,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Gloomy Weeaboo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:34 pm
Kaliscopic Kindal: