Reply It's A Girl Thing!
HELP PLZ!! COMPUTER /CAMERA PROBLEMS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BannedAccount8623822

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:22 pm
Ok so my memory card for my camera fell INSIDE my CPU anyone know how to get it out without taking it apart?! plz help
crying

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm
[[Wow.
I don't have a clue.

My advise would include a screwdriver which seems to be what you want to avoid...x.x
]]

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:40 pm
Well wait, the monitor is the screen part, the CPU is the actual hard drive and such. Where exactly did it fall?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm
ok i got it wrong the CPU!  

BannedAccount8623822

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 pm
Well then what you need to do, is open up the side panel of the CPU, which should be fairly easy to access and do, and without touching any of the circuits or components, get the chip out. It shouldn't be too hard, unless you have a wacko computer that has a lot of extra hardware like mine did. Then the task might be harder.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 pm
:O thx! but is there another way? will shaking it work? or the side panel thingy work better  

BannedAccount8623822

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:58 pm
DON'T SHAKE THE COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and don't do this while it is on, you could damage the hardware.

The side panel is the easiest and most effective way to do it. It's how you fix any hardware problems. Even the professionals use it. That is what it is there for anyway. I watched my dad as he dismantled my old computer and he taught me all the technical stuff. Then I helped him with my [used to be] new one that is now in my brother's room because I have a laptop. So I know a good amount about computers.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:14 pm
lol k thx :]  

BannedAccount8623822

Graylex

Demonic Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 pm
Your computer tower case should just open, usually without a screwdriver. There's a trick to opening it though because it slides/pops into place.

If you have an internal card reader (one that's built in) it might be the case where the card is stuck inside that. If that has happened then you will probably have to carefully take apart the card reader, if possible.

Be careful. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, then I would suggest getting help from someone who has worked with computers before.
>Note that doing this could possible result in damaging your card reader.<

Make sure that your computer is powered down and unplugged before attempting this.

(ps, it's never a good idea to move your computer when it's on. There are fragile parts moving around. Like the hard drive; where all your information is kept, it's constantly re-writing information (think of it as burning a disk) )  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:07 pm
Five little words will solve your problem: Let Geek Squad handle it! LOL! 3nodding  

X_icewhip_X

Dapper Dabbler

16,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items