Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Con Goers: Missed Connections

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:21 am
I think we've all had that moment at a con where we see/meet someone and wish "If only I had talked to them" or "If only I had gotten their number." Or maybe you got their number and lost it, or wrote their email down wrong.
Yes, these inner-angst moments have all made us regret not speaking up or getting our information right. So let's all share! [and who knows, maybe that special someone is here, or at least someone that knows them ;D ]

Did you meet an awesome guy cosplaying Dante, but never got the chance to ask for his number? Did you see this really cute Miku cosplayer but when you got her screenname, you realized that you didn't write it down and forgot it?
Or alternatively, did you get their number/screenname? How'd things turn out after the convention? Did you become friends, did you date, did they turn out to be an a** in real life? Share~!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 am
I went to AWA con I was Sano for Air Gear (but not very good might I add) but I went to the photoshoot with my group anyway and there was this amazingly sweet Kazu! She was so nice and even knew about Dragon Knights (a manga me and my friends are crazy about but has a really small fan base). I never actually got her email....and I regret it now.

Also there are these super cool cosplayers I kinda know through my friends and I see them at every con I go to. I really need to get an aim address or something from them too.

So yah, those are my stories of fail, I can ask anyone for pictures but beyond that I kind of close up and become super shy again! xd

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

Texan-Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:55 am
A-Kon 20 I went as Chris Redfield from Resident Evil 5 with the Keyblade and I got a picture with a really cute Larxene and a kiss to go with it! I kick myself to this very day that I didn't get her name/number! D:>  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:23 pm
I'm sure there are plenty of people I wish I had talked to or gotten their info, but I've finally gotten over shyness and finally started being more outgoing at the past ConnectiCon, particularly at the rave.

Saw this one guy and after dancing around near him for a while, I finally went over and asked how old he was. . . And he was 15 (I was 2o at the time) so I was all, ". . . Jk sorry~! XD "
And then there was another guy I was checking out but I didn't work up my courage fast enough so AirborneInfection [one of your Vice Captains~!] went over and apparently told him "My friend thinks you're hot. Will you dance with her?" and to his credit he did XD Long story short, Airborne, her boyfriend, and me became friends with the guy and his friend that he was with, and I even dated the guy. . . Granted it only lasted a few days [he has problems with relationships = 3= ] and even though it didn't really end well, we're all still good friends :'D

salsaplant

GO

oHaru_Maru

Virtuous Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:39 pm
I remember I was talking to this one guy, who's name I never got, he was working at an host cafe. Though he knew nothing about ouran. So while I was eating ramen all by myself he came over and struck up a conversation. In the end we ended having a nice conversation about the characters and alchemy and what not. I almost missed the Fma ova showing with Vic and Wendy. I went back later to get his email but he had left. Sadly it was the last day of the con and I couldn't find him after. When I think about it I should of gotten his email before I left. XP Oh well~ I have more friends to talk about fma with. Though most end up fan-girling in the end. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:52 pm
The one I can think of actually has a happy ending to it, lol.
In the Central Valley in CA, there isn't much anime events going on except for Fresno's Ani-Jam convention. Well, last year's "convention" was just a anime picnic and there was a handful of cosplayers. There was a small group that came in with cool costumes and one of the won the best costume contest.
I never got the chance to talk to them or take their picture.

Later, I came across the group again in Jan. at Animation on Display at Japantown, SF but this time, I didn't know it was them. Didn't talk to them, didn't do anything until videos of AoD by other people were posted up on YouTube. I later discovered the group through YouTube and told them that I was from the Central Valley and went to Ani-Jam, so it was a surprise that they came up just for this small convention.

So in the end, I later got a hold of the group through the power of YouTube. biggrin  

LovelyLadyAurora

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 am
I've got two stories!

So last year at Sugoicon I met a girl who cosplayed as Lust. We spoke to each other on Gaia and we wanted to meet up. She said she saw me that Saturday night, but she never stopped me for a small chat because she said I looked like I was in a hurry. D: I never saw her anymore after that and I don't remember her Gaia username. We both chatted with each other in the C&C board.

There was a guy who cosplayed as Zack Fair and he saw me in my Milk-chan cosplay. He too tried to chat with me, but I guess I was rushing around again. Luckily, he found my cosplay photo on DA and commented on the photo. Hopefully we can meet up at A&G.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:05 pm
There was one girl I met at Ani-Jam 08 and I was excited to meet her because she dressed up as my favorite character - Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Poor thing. Nobody knew who she was cosplayed as except for me.

I later came across her again the next day and she told me her Gaia name but it was one of those long ones like inuyashsa13294. I tried to remember it and search for her but no luck. sad I never found her.  

LovelyLadyAurora

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 am
Luckily we're a fairly close community over here so if we're looking for someone who's part of the cosplay scene someone else we know will probably know them! ^^ There's been a couple of people who I had trouble finding again after seeing them at an event but one stands out the most for me:

At my very first expo I met up with some of the new friends I'd met online and they brought some of their own friends. There was a really cute guy with long hair who one of the girls brought with her. We didn't get to chat too much but he was funny and friendly. He had to leave early though so I never got chance to get his number and didn't ask my friend thanks to my shyness at the time. sad

I didn't see him again for 5 months. As it turned out though he went to the university I was going to start later that year and lived with my friend he'd came with (they shared a student house with some other people). When I started uni there, I joined the same club as him and after two weeks started dating him. We went to our first event the next year which was the same event we first met at. We got married last October (our friends called it wedding-con as so many people cosplayed), had our honeymoon at a con and we still cosplay together. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:07 pm
Well during a Con (not saying the name) I met a few ppl playing yugioh cards in an elevator. I joined them and I noticed that 1 of the girls sitting there was the girl that I had seen around a few times (she was usually alone) she was cute.So I started talking 2 her very little (I am shy with girls) but her friend (also a cute girl) I did not have much trouble talking 2, well because I was playing cards with her. There was also there guy friends (they were very quite, or annoying sometimes). So I had a ok conversation (we talked about stuff, then went 2 a topic that I am not saying here). Then 2 of my friends walk in 1 of them is really quite did not bug me did not even talk 2 me (he knew that I was trying 2 talk 2 the girls). The other I knew he liked the 1st girl that I went in2 the elevator in the 1st place. So I stayed quite and tried 2 nudge him in2 talking 2 her (but the dumb butt just tells me what the heck stop bumping in2 me. Then when I left he ended up in the elevator alone with her and still did nothing. So the dumb butt blocked me and also did not try at least 4 him self.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Tsunji

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:46 am
Dilly Dally.
I've always regretted not asking for a person's contact details, but I'm too shy to do it. ^ ^;
Shilly shally.

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff