Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miss twinkle toes 001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:56 am
Hi! ;D

Some might know and others might not...
I am going for an operation, i have scoliosis, in two days. Scary stuff.

I will need to stay in hospital for 10 days, and 5-10 weeks revalidation at home.

I'm kinda nervous.
But I'm allowed to be scared, right?

I have never had an operation before, but from what i hear, feeling scared before a surgery is perfectly normal. >.<''

Love you all,
twinkle.

edit:
Im back from hospital. ^^
Everything went well, first days were hell tho..

I am able to walk again, but i still need to rest a lot. :3

See you all around.
<3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:58 am
Good luck hun.
We'll miss you!
You'll do fine.
Think positive.

Seawicket

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:25 am
Good luck, sweetie. [:
I'll be thinking of you.
Remember to let us know how things are.
<3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:37 am
Don't worry. It's totally normal to feel scared or nervous before an operation.
I wish you the best of luck and I'll keep you in my thoughts. :]  

Rei Uchikino

Mistress Amy Rose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:39 am
Good luck! Wish
you all the best!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 am
Great luck to you! I hope you will recover quickly after, too!  

Killed By The Guardians

IrisIrene88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 am
Aww, best wishes and may you have a quick recovery! I'm sure you'll be fine =D!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 am
User Image Click the ribbon to help support scleroderma awareness.

I've had my fair share of operations myself. Nothing as major, though. It's okay to be nervous!
Good luck~ heart

Click the ribbon to help support autism awareness. User Image

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Laur-Lau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:58 am
Thatss totally scary!
I want to wish you luck, i hope all goes well, and were here for yyou when you get back :3  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 pm
of course your going to scared! it is normal. just relax.
i was in 3rd grade when i had my first surgery to get my appendix out. but its all cool now. we'll all be here waiting for you when you when you get back! good luck! heart  

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

miss twinkle toes 001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:27 am
<3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:03 am

I totally know how that is like. I've had two surgeries for scoliosis. One when I was 13, was rushed in. Was told I was gonna wait a year but that failed to happen, got rushed in a second time at 14. They found a second curvature when they did the 1st that they hadnt seen in xrays but my body was too week.

Was kinda scary the 1st time and the 2nd time was just kinda blah. I couldnt walk for days the second time, my nurses were idiots and didnt understand I was too low on blood so everytime they stood me up I'd nearly faint. They'd threaten to drop me but that didnt help. I was pretty much bed-bound for months after both and couldnt go to school.

Glad to hear yours went well. Those first few days in the hospital are always hell! Make sure you rest well, dont scratch at the stitches (my mistake). Don't lift anything too heavy make someone else get it for you and I'm sure they went over bedtime getting up/down using logrolls etc... To this day (I'm 18 now) I still have to use the same procedure. I'm not allowed to lift more than 10-15lbs, cant bend so I have to squat to pick stuff up, getting up and laying down is still the same way for the most part.

Boxes of Honeycomb and soaps on tv were my saviors the 1st time.
Grapes and videogames were the second time around.
Maybe you'll have a better recovery than I did =]

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

miss twinkle toes 001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 am
TheAbomidableToaster

I totally know how that is like. I've had two surgeries for scoliosis. One when I was 13, was rushed in. Was told I was gonna wait a year but that failed to happen, got rushed in a second time at 14. They found a second curvature when they did the 1st that they hadnt seen in xrays but my body was too week.

Was kinda scary the 1st time and the 2nd time was just kinda blah. I couldnt walk for days the second time, my nurses were idiots and didnt understand I was too low on blood so everytime they stood me up I'd nearly faint. They'd threaten to drop me but that didnt help. I was pretty much bed-bound for months after both and couldnt go to school.

Glad to hear yours went well. Those first few days in the hospital are always hell! Make sure you rest well, dont scratch at the stitches (my mistake). Don't lift anything too heavy make someone else get it for you and I'm sure they went over bedtime getting up/down using logrolls etc... To this day (I'm 18 now) I still have to use the same procedure. I'm not allowed to lift more than 10-15lbs, cant bend so I have to squat to pick stuff up, getting up and laying down is still the same way for the most part.

Thanks for your post, it means a lot to me. :]

I wasn't able to walk for four days either. I don't remember much of those days to be honest..., all the medicines and morfine.
But i do remember me saying embaressing things when i just woke up. And the pain of course. gonk

My friends and family are around here a lot and help me out whenever they can. :3
They bring me movies and series to cheer me up.

Thank you for your tips, its really nice to hear about someone else who got the operation done! :]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm
miss twinkle toes 001
TheAbomidableToaster

Thanks for your post, it means a lot to me. :]

I wasn't able to walk for four days either. I don't remember much of those days to be honest..., all the medicines and morfine.
But i do remember me saying embaressing things when i just woke up. And the pain of course. gonk

My friends and family are around here a lot and help me out whenever they can. :3
They bring me movies and series to cheer me up.

Thank you for your tips, its really nice to hear about someone else who got the operation done! :]

No problem =D
Yeah the hospital days are kinda blurry, I remember my mom got my a fish the 2nd time as a gift and to keep me company. A blue beta, the morphine made me name him Blue whee At least it helps with the pain though. Also, it's great that you're able to get online! That's something I wasn't able to do till I could get up on my own.

My doctors told me when I was under the anesthetics that I was rather comical and they were trying not to laugh while I rambled. Also, for some reason I remember them asking me to wiggle my toes and being blinded by a light, I was kinda freaked out by that when I woke up.

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Rindesayu Ayame

Sparkly Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 am
I wish you the best! I've never been through surgery but I do really want you to come out okay! That really does sound scary but were all here for you! Love you! ^_^  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games