View Results

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 pm
So I'm going to the senior prom with my bestest friend in the whole wide world. Originally, he was going to go with his girlfriend, but they broke up so I'm going as his date now.

Anyway, for some reason the though of going as his date seems a little strange to me. I mean, sure, we're the best of friends and all, but I just feel that prom night is gonna be awkward. Like, even though I'm going as /his/ date, I just feel like I'm going to be a third wheel. He's captain of the cheerleading team, and the cheerleaders always sit at a table together. I'm friends with most of them (since they all run track too) but it's not like we're super close, and I think I'm just gonna be a little out of place.

Also, the whole dancing aspect of it (since this is prom); I don't have to dance with him, right? Or am I supposed to have atleast one dance with him? Last time I went to a school formal like this, I went stag and I danced with whoever the s**t I wanted to dance with. But now that I have a date, am I actually supposed to stay with him most of the night or what?

I'm really not sure why I'm so worried about this, but damn...
I feel worried.
rofl

Discuss

-Formals
-Why the s**t am I so worried about it?

And while you guys are at it...
Suggest sites where I can find cheap prom dresses.
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 pm
to be honest, I have no experience with this kind of situation.
I think that maybe you should just lighten up about it though because its going to be a fun night and you get to hang out with your best friend in the whole wide world (:

As for finding a prom dress, you could always try a consinment (sp?) shop near you. Some times they have some really nice dresses for these kind of occasions.

these dresses are under $200: http://www.edressme.com/promdress.html  

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 pm
Well ask him... is it just a friend thing.. because if it is you dont Have to dance with him if you don't want to.

My prom was kick a**... I didn't want to dance but ended up doing it anyways. x3
I hope you have fun

Try not to worry so much C:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:29 am
heart
Good news. I have a dress.
3nodding

One problem down, one to go.  

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:35 pm
My only prom was with my boyfriend of one year. It was actually our anniversary. So needless to say, I danced with him the whole time. When people go as friends, usually they dance with whoever they want during the fast songs, but they dance with their dates on the slow songs. Just ask your friend what he expects.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Quote:
Anyway, for some reason the though of going as his date seems a little strange to me. I mean, sure, we're the best of friends and all, but I just feel that prom night is gonna be awkward.

I went to prom last year with my best friend
(he's now my boyfriend but that doesnt count since it was a year ago).

Quote:
Also, the whole dancing aspect of it (since this is prom); I don't have to dance with him, right? Or am I supposed to have atleast one dance with him?

If you feel it's going to be awkward then I'd suggest not going with him and finding your own date or or stag. If you do go as his date, I think it'd be right if you did at least one. Remember people can dance as just friends.

I dont really know what you're talking about when you say "since this is prom". You dont have to dance any particular way at these sort of events. Sure there is a lot of grinding and s**t but I've seen people dance so many ways at formal events that even though that is the main style, there are also other dance styles to choose from.

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hersheydudette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 pm
I totally know what you mean. I'm going with a guy who's my friend (not even a best friend) who used to go be going out with my best friend and is now going out with a freshman (we're seniors, and he didn't start going out with her until after he'd asked me). Awwwwwkwaaaaaard.

I intend to maybe dance a slow song or two with him, but I hope I can spend most of the time with my friends. I know what you mean, and it worries me because our friends are different. We're sort of friends with each other's friends, but our close friends are different. And I don't want to have to stick by him the whole night. *crosses fingers* Pleaseworkoutpleaseworkoutpleaseworkout.

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games