Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
SO, this is my problem with this guy. (Kinda long)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[R]ainbow[R]oyalty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm
**Note** I shall use fake names; This is also a long-distance sort of issue.

I was talking to this guy, and I eventually fell in love with him and he fell in love with me. He lived really far away though, and it was sort of hard. We both had a lot of issues and problems, but whenever we talked it just made life more bearable.
About a month ago, he broke it off, for me he says, so I could be happy. Well, I was pretty devastated. I gave him my whole heart and all of my time.
This is when his best friend stepped in. We will call him Daniel. Daniel would try and cheer me up and tell me that I was beautiful and deserved someone who could be there for me and appreciate me more. All that stuff. Daniel was just there to talk to whenever I needed. Daniel too, was going through a tough time. His girlfriend cheated on him. Before, though, they've always sort of been on and off from what my ex told me.
Anyway, Daniel and I start talking. The first time he gets back with his girlfriend, while we are talking that is, was sort of not a big deal. I didn't expect it to last, and I was right. Two days and he broke up with her again. Since then me and Daniel have been talking everyday for hours. He finally admitted to having feelings for me, but that he didn't think it was right because I was his best friend's girl at one time.
But, despite thinking that, he still talked to me everyday as usual. Until yesterday. Yesterday his girlfriend started commenting his Myspace and IMing him on AIM begging, again, for him to take her back. And he did. And this time, I felt a lot worse than before, probably because he had stated he had feelings for me.
He was unhappy though, and when I confronted him about it he said he just didn't know what he wanted. He loves her, and he said he sort of used me as an escape, and that he doesn't want to get hurt again. He is afraid that she might be meant for him or whatever. I didn't want to make it worse for him by telling him how hurt and disappointed I was. I said it was okay and that I understood and that I think he needs someone to be there for him since I can't be (he lives far away too, but he is moving to where I live in a few months). I tried being a good friend and I said I didn't agree but that I would support his decision. I also said that I could care less about his girlfriend and that my only concern was how he was feeling and what he wanted.
So, he broke up with his girlfriend again, an hour or two later and he really didn't feel well, so he said he'd go to bed. But then he came back, but he wouldn't talk to me.
Today I talked to him, and everything seems fine, he's "flirting" with me but, I'm still worried about it all, if he'll get back with her again. All his statuses it seems are about how he thinks that he made a mistake.

1. I thought that the only thing I would have to worry about with Daniel is the whole "dating your best friend's ex" kind of thing, but now this girlfriend thing has got me stressed.

2. I don't want to push the subject, but I am really curious as to where everything stands between me and him and him and his ex.

3. I really don't think he made a mistake at all; I wish I could get it through his head, that if they were meant to be, none of this would be happening. You don't cheat on someone who you love... And they've always been off and on. Everything should just, fall into place if it was meant to be right?

What do you think of all this?

I hope I didn't leave anything out. Please just ask for a clarification on anything if you're confused.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:11 pm
I think that since he is moving to where you live within a few months you should just wait it out till then.

Just be his friend for now. I'm sure once you guys start hanging out and everything he will realize how great you are and how stupid he was to be with that other chick.

Boys are stupid.
Give him time biggrin

Entrelace

Lustnmisery

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:31 pm
I agree with Mandy_Rulz guys are hard to read for all you know he might just stay with her because he doesn't know how to snap back into a "stag" life. And jumping into one relationship from another might make him feel odd because he might not be as ready as he thinks.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:09 am
He might need some "tough love" to help him get over this ex-girlfriend situation. Consider telling him you don't think they're good together because she's cheated on him and she obviously doesn't respect him. It might make him upset to hear that. But he might listen and stop seeing her, which would improve the quality of his life. I don't recommend trying to get with him right away, because that would weaken your point. Make it clear that you're thinking of him, not yourself.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff