both
View Results

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:51 pm
Ever since I started dating my boyfriend about a year ago, I noticed more men (at least in their 20's) have been hitting on me. I'm often getting into situations where a guy will randomly pop out of nowhere and ask for my phone number or ask, "Do you have a boyfriend?" I find it really awkward, especially when a guy is too assertive. There was one occasion where a guy took it a bit too far: "Even though you have a boyfriend, let me give you my phone number just in case...because I can tell you are one hell of a woman." Some women may actually like that, but not me--I think its creepy! To be honest, I'm actually tempted to wear a ring on my left ring finger just to avoid these situations!

I talked about this with my boyfriend, too, assuming he would understand this type of male behavior, and his explanation was "It just makes it 'hotter' for a man to get a woman who was taken...because that would mean that she left her man for the new guy."

A lot of my female friends have told me about similar experiences as well. So, ladies: I'd like to know, have you had similar experiences? Is there any other explanation to this male behavior? And what are ways to avoid these situations?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:53 pm
Oh, and I'd like to add that I dress conservatively, so I'm not "sexually appealing" in any way (I have a small chest anyway! xd ), so at least I know its not my body that attracts them.  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:51 pm
User Image

I think your bf was spot on. For males, it mostly seems to be all about competition.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:16 pm
Agreed ^  

Lustnmisery

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:59 pm
Some men just overstep boundaries. I recommend you be assertive back. Say, "No I don't want that" and don't hold out your hand to take the number or anything. Or have your boyfriend call the number and ask what that guy was thinking.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games