How do you know....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:34 pm
If one of your guy friends is flirting with you?
It's easier to tell with a few of them, but the one I've been talking to lately is rather....cryptic.

He and I don't talk very much, and we disagree on a lot (down to the point that he believes I can't go to Heaven, whereas I don't even believe in Heaven), so our few discussions usually leave us worn out and bitter. Before I moved, a little over a year ago, he and I barely saw each other.

He sometimes does or say things that make me think he's interested or flirting, but then he turns around and uses me as his "Advice on Relationships" person.

Some of the things he does/says:

Once, while I was visiting my friends and family there, we all went to an amusement park. I'm pretty sure the guys there outnumbered the girls, and on a ride, I ended up with my friend, we'll call him...Ducky.

So, Ducky and I were talking, and we both enjoy joking and torturing people's minds, so he chose to put his arm around me to freak me out.

The guy I'm trying to figure out...let's say....Christian-boy, later pretty much interrogated me about my 'relationship' with Ducky. It was awkward, to say the least, and he automatically chose the seat next to me on ALL no kidding ALL the following rides.

Two weeks later, he asked me to help him with a girl that he liked, but who only wanted to be friends.

He tells me he misses me almost every time we talk, but we barely ever saw each other before...when I asked, he said he didn't know, he just missed me.

I'm confused, and I'm not sure if there's something I'm not seeing, or if I'm just being...insane.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 am
This is a tough question! My best guess would be that he has found himself having romantic thoughts/feelings about you, but he is afraid that it is "wrong" in some way, because of his religion. He might think that his family, friends, church, etc. wouldn't accept you. He is also probably concerned about the fact that he believes in Heaven and doesn't believe you can go there. If he were your boyfriend instead of your friend, that would scare him. It also may make the potential relationship seem wrong to him even in the eyes of God.

I think that you need to decide whether or not this relationship would be right for you; this isn't all about him. How would you feel about dating someone who is very religious, when you aren't? If you do start dating, the chances of him getting a whole lot more openly judgmental are high. Not everyone would deal well with that. I, for example, wouldn't. Would you?

I also think you should have an honest conversation with him about this, because I could be very wrong about everything I have said here. Only he knows what he is thinking and feeling. In the end, it will be worth it, either way, just to know.

digiariel

Anxious Cutie-Pie

10,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

future ruler of Adedosia

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:25 am
Desperately Obvious
This is a tough question! My best guess would be that he has found himself having romantic thoughts/feelings about you, but he is afraid that it is "wrong" in some way, because of his religion. He might think that his family, friends, church, etc. wouldn't accept you. He is also probably concerned about the fact that he believes in Heaven and doesn't believe you can go there. If he were your boyfriend instead of your friend, that would scare him. It also may make the potential relationship seem wrong to him even in the eyes of God.

I think that you need to decide whether or not this relationship would be right for you; this isn't all about him. How would you feel about dating someone who is very religious, when you aren't? If you do start dating, the chances of him getting a whole lot more openly judgmental are high. Not everyone would deal well with that. I, for example, wouldn't. Would you?

I also think you should have an honest conversation with him about this, because I could be very wrong about everything I have said here. Only he knows what he is thinking and feeling. In the end, it will be worth it, either way, just to know.
omg i was just going to say he likes u! but this is almost the same thing.XD im clapping my hand at this post, after i type this i mean.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games