Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
Chain Chomp Cosplay?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is a Chain Chomp costume a good idea?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

NoRingingChimes

4,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Okay, so there is a convention going on during the summer [AFO] and I don't think my current work-in-progress [Petey Pirahna] would be done by then. I have school and band affairs until summer, so I can't work on something big.
Does anyone think that I would be able to make a Chain Chomp costume, made of duct tape, wire, and whatever else I can find, would be funny?
I mean, not many people do Mario's enemies. I think one other than Bowser is worthy of cosplaying. .-.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 pm
That sounds awesome.
It shouldn't be that hard to do either.

I've actually seen Petey Piranhas running around conventions before.
Mario enemies are awesome!

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 pm
I think that is amazing and also I think some people may or may not ask to marry you because of that.

The 1st thing is are you doing it realistically for the game or are you going to go for a human version of a chain chomp?
The second is to figure out how you'll move in that costume, get in and out of it, how will you see, and also if you can fit through doors.

Once you do that I think bendable wire and something over it would be a good idea. However I've never attempted anything like this before.

Another thing is to consider the chain, be careful since it drags on the ground and also that some conventions don't allow real metal chains that aren't a necklace.

Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games