Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
I'm stuck and I don't know what to do anymore.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I do?
  Stay with boy#1
  Drop him like a hot potatoe and go with boy#2
  I have no flippin' clue.
View Results

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 pm
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

Warning, this may be fairly long.

I really just need to vent my frustration and my confusion with these two boys. I'm not looking for strict advice, I just need somewhere to vent about these boys.

About two weeks ago, I had to break off my engagement because he couldn't admit to people that he was engaged, he later told me that he didn't even think of me as his fiance; I was just a girlfriend. He's told me that I was more attractive when we met because I was thinner back then. I've gained a little bit of weight because of the birth control he wanted me on. He doesn't let me talk about our problems to anyone. Girls need someone to talk to about their problems, they need to vent, we can't keep it all pent up. He doesn't let me tell anyone. I don't have any friends because of what he let his say about me and he's letting his family think I'm the one isolating him, his niece is constantly bitching at me about how I need to let him have a life. He's always telling me I'm a pain in the a** and that I'm annoying him, when all he does is sit on his a** and play video games all day, he'll go out and blow all his cash on video games and movies.
I don't want to marry someone who isn't proud of being with me. I never said I wanted him to be, I just don't want to marry someone who isn't. When I asked him, he said he wasn't, when I asked him why, he said it was because I wanted him to be. Well, all girls want their boyfriends and whatnot to be proud of them. They're really just supposed to be if they love you.
I love him, and despite what he says, I know he loves me. He's just a stupid boy, but I do love him.
He lives 5 hours away from me at his university right now, and when he comes home for the summer and the breaks, we're fine. It's like we never fought at all and we get along amazingly well. It's like he never left when he comes home and everything feels next to perfect and it just feels right. I've been with him for almost 2 years and we only ever have these problems while he's been away this past year.

Here's where it gets screwed up.

There's a guy I met 5 years ago. I loved him and I know he loves me. He always admitted it. We always argued about it, but he'd never go out with me. He would always tell me he didn't want to hurt me, and he got so close to overcoming that so many times, but he just didn't want to hurt me. He's realized that I am emotionally more mature than most other girls my age. He knows now that if I get hurt, I'll be able to handle it, and if I get hurt, it was because I went for what I wanted. He also had a time where he wouldn't let me tell anyone about our problems, but he soon realized that girls need to be able to talk to our friends about these problems and that it was a form of abuse. He got over it, and he lets me talk about what goes on between us now. There is a point where you shouldn't, and I know where that is, but he let's me say pretty much whatever I want. He always seems so happy when I talk to him and he always tells me I'm beautiful and compliments everything, he notices the little things I change and he always says it looks nice. He never says anything bad about me and he makes me happy. He's been my best friend for about 5 years now and whenever one of us gets hurt, we always come running back to the other and everything feels okay again.

I never thought it was possible to love two boys at the same time. I really didn't think it was, but now I know it is and I don't know what to do.
I'm not a slut, and I'm not a whore. I've only ever had sex with the one I was engaged to. That is NOT the issue and I don't want it discussed, please.

I'm just so effing confused and I don't know what to do anymore. The first guy has no idea what I'm feeling about the second, he thinks he's just a friend of mine and has never even met him, the second one keeps telling me to do what I feel is right, and that whatever is meant to happen, will happen. I'm just tired of waiting these things out and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm 20 years old, I'm not some stupid teenage girl, I should know what to do in these situations.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 pm
Oh my god Angel I'm so sorry to hear about your engagement. Just remember its not your feelings that determine cheating, its what you do with those feelings. You're doing the right thing breaking it off with someone who isn't proud of you. And don't worry, no one ever knows exactly what to do in tough situations like this. I won't try to advise you since you didn't ask for it, and in truth I think you're more capable of handling this than I would be. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it further.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
Oh my god Angel I'm so sorry to hear about your engagement. Just remember its not your feelings that determine cheating, its what you do with those feelings. You're doing the right thing breaking it off with someone who isn't proud of you. And don't worry, no one ever knows exactly what to do in tough situations like this. I won't try to advise you since you didn't ask for it, and in truth I think you're more capable of handling this than I would be. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it further.

User Image

Yeah, it's crazy. I don't want to cheat, and I don't want to throw away what I have right now. I know that if what I get isn't what I wanted, I'll still be upset.
I know my boyfriend would forgive me if I cheated, and he really is a sweet boy. He's not as bad as he sounds (he's really not, I'm not just saying that to cover his a**) he's adorable and can be really caring, I don't want to do that to him. I do love him, but...I love the other boy, too. People say it isn't possible, but it is. It happens and it can really tear you apart because either way, you know you're going to be hurting someone.

I think I'm going to just do what the second boy told me to do, wait it out and see what happens. If it was meant to happen, it will. I just have to be patient and go with what my heart tells me to.
It's just really confusing right now.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:44 pm
I know its possible to love two boys at once and it doesn't make you a bad person. I think I've realized I'll never actually get rid of my feelings for my old boyfriend, but as long as I only treat him as a friend I'm still being faithful.

If you broke off your engagement that means you two are broken up, right? Sometimes people break up because they are just angry about a fight, then they will get right back together again once they calm down. Being with someone else during this period is not technically cheating, but it can really hurt your partner. But sometimes people break up because they needed to break up. From hearing you talk about your boyfriend he seems very sweet and I can tell you love him a lot, but it really is a big deal if he's not proud to be with you. I'd recommend talking it over if you haven't already. Maybe its even such a big deal that you don't want to be with him again until he learns to treat you with more respect. In that case, its really okay to move on to someone else. It doesn't necessarily mean that you two will never be together again, especially since you expressed the opinion that your boyfriend would forgive you. Maybe when he sees you with someone else he will realize his mistakes and realize he can be proud to be with you, and he's willing to fight for you.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:57 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
I know its possible to love two boys at once and it doesn't make you a bad person. I think I've realized I'll never actually get rid of my feelings for my old boyfriend, but as long as I only treat him as a friend I'm still being faithful.

If you broke off your engagement that means you two are broken up, right? Sometimes people break up because they are just angry about a fight, then they will get right back together again once they calm down. Being with someone else during this period is not technically cheating, but it can really hurt your partner. But sometimes people break up because they needed to break up. From hearing you talk about your boyfriend he seems very sweet and I can tell you love him a lot, but it really is a big deal if he's not proud to be with you. I'd recommend talking it over if you haven't already. Maybe its even such a big deal that you don't want to be with him again until he learns to treat you with more respect. In that case, its really okay to move on to someone else. It doesn't necessarily mean that you two will never be together again, especially since you expressed the opinion that your boyfriend would forgive you. Maybe when he sees you with someone else he will realize his mistakes and realize he can be proud to be with you, and he's willing to fight for you.
User Image

We're still together, I just broke the engagement off and he kind of realized what he was losing. In all honesty, he was waiting for something to come and enlighten him, he was waiting for something to tell him he was engaged, something that would make him feel like it, but...I was engaged once before him...and your feelings towards that person don't magically get stronger. He didn't really realize that he'd had that feeling all along until I took it from him. He's coming home the weekend of Good Friday and we're going to talk it over then. He's heard what my friends think of it, they all think he's treating me like crap, and he really doesn't see how he's treating me badly at all.

After that weekend we're either going to stay together or break up, and if we break up, we'll see about trying again when he comes home for the summer, but it's just not right for me to be with someone who isn't proud of me. I know I've made some mistakes and I'm not perfect, but I shouldn't be with someone who isn't proud of being in love with me.

The thing is, he wouldn't fight for me because he's afraid of losing the battle and he wants me to be happy, but I want him to fight for me, ya know? It's really just a pain in the arse right now.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:12 pm
-if u guys haven't worked things out yet-

Not to sound like a witch with a capital B but if he isn't proud of being with you and you guys are just engaged will that really change when u get married? And if he doesn't like the way you look now because of some medication he wants you to be taking how will he feel when ur belly is big and round with Baby?

sad this guy sounds like he sucks.  

Cryza Livid

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 pm
Cryza Livid
-if u guys haven't worked things out yet-

Not to sound like a witch with a capital B but if he isn't proud of being with you and you guys are just engaged will that really change when u get married? And if he doesn't like the way you look now because of some medication he wants you to be taking how will he feel when ur belly is big and round with Baby?

sad this guy sounds like he sucks.
User Image

Yeah, what he doesn't understand, is that the women in my family are generally bigger women. My mother weighs 230lbs, and I'm not far behind. I mean, I'll never be 104lbs again. Honestly, I feel I look fine the way I am. I am technically overweight, but it doesn't bother me at all. I have heavy bones, too, so I feel heavier than I look. I always will.
I'm not going to get thin just because some guy doesn't like it. Really, what girl should?
I refuse to lose weight just because he wants me to, I'll do it when I'm ready to.

I wasn't saying it would change when we were married though, I told him that I was not going to even consider accepting back his proposal until he was proud of me and could prove it, and trust me, I'm a b***h, and I'm going to make him work for it if that's what he really wants.
I will not marry someone who is not proud of me, no one should spend the rest of their life with someone who is not proud of them.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 am
User Image

Yeah, after what he's done three days in a row, and what he's said, he is definitely gone after he comes home next weekend.

User Image

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items