Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
*sigh* ANOTHER one, Gaia?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ria/Darwin: It is not the strongest of the species,
  nor the most intelligent that survives.
  It is the one most adaptable to change.
View Results

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:49 pm
User Image

stare Stupid RIG I can't afford.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 am
It really feels as if gaia is selling out...

I'm sure that many others do not feel that it is but... really- look at how much gaia cash crap cost in the market. The new stuff unopened is selling for a ridiculous amount- 729,000. I mean, c'mon. Each post we do is 100 the first... then it declines to 2 and 1 gold posts. Its ridiculous. It would take years to reach that amount of gold, and by then the price would have inflated more.

I miss the old gaia where spammers were limited, stuff was harder to get but it was worth it. I remember purchasing my lunar cloak for around 12,000 gold, and I worked off 6 months to be able to afford that amount.

Not only that, but forums aren't worth talking in anymore. People just spam to get more gold and I'm fairly tired of it. They spam profiles as well. You don't communicate with anyone in the forums anymore either... that's why I went on like a 3-4 month haitus... *sigh* Does anyone else agree with me?

edit: Oh, I'm sorry, only 75 gold for the first post. *even deeper sigh*  

KnightoftheFallen

oni-no-kori

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:02 am
I have to agree with you Knight. I miss the old gaia days when you had enough money to get something it meant you worked really hard for it. It mattered then, but now its like nothing anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 am

Gaia is partly to blame for this. They have released too many RIGs and I've never liked booty grab. Booty grab has generated way too much inflation in the time since it was created and gaia only continues to make it worse. Most shop items are much easier to get, but everyone has to have an EI these days. Although, everyone should remember that gaia is a business, they need more revenue to expand. I like the new sets of items. It's always been hard to get all the items you want. Now it's just the EIs and RIGs that are the hardest to get. I think gaia made booty grab so that they qould have a more dependable income from users. The best tanks make the best gold and need the most expensive fish.

Technicolor Tragedy

IITURNiNGPOiNTII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 pm
sad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm
I mean, I completely understand that Gaia needs money to run, but at the same time there has to be better ways of going about it rather than consistantly adding to cash shops. I mean, I haven't been on gaia in like... 3-4 months so this 'rig' thing is completely new to me (Geez I feel old).

I'll admit... I liked the evolving items. My favorite is Hermes Moon. I also like the monthly collectibles because they have always been there. I just wish there was a way to balance the gold and the cash... if not the cash stuff be a bit teeny weenie more expensive... but not the extensiveness that is going on right now.

edit: btw Matt, I like youre munchlax lol  

KnightoftheFallen

Technicolor Tragedy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

RIGs have been around longer than a few months. I think they could balance this better too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 am
I wasn't saying that they're absolutely new, but I've been on gaia very scarcily because of all of this and I would say I have not been active in it for about half a year. BEcause of this, I tend to ignore all announcements... especially if I don't like them. And I don't like RIGs. I do remember seeing something on it when they first came out, but I wasn't interested in it and just deleted the announcement.

There has to be other ways to lower the expenses of gaia... for example deleting old and unused posts and threads. There's still threads tht I have posted years ago still up. Not to mention the millions of unused user accounts... When people quit gaia theyre not going to be 'oh im going to delete my account to save server space' or along those lines.  

KnightoftheFallen

Technicolor Tragedy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:27 am

All the posts and accounts are numbered. Deleting any would mess up the numbering system. I don't think you can delete your own account either. At this point, it would probably cost more to get rid of them than to just add space for new users. Think of all the connections to things that each user has that is documented. That's a lot of stuff, which makes it very hard to get rid of. I'm neutral about the RIGs. They have gotten really expensive, but I don't buy them. I don't need RIGs, EIs, or MCs to enjoy gaia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 am
to be honest i never saw the old gaia every time i wanted to enter it said that your computer is to fast  

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

KnightoftheFallen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:20 pm
I'm just making suggestions. I don't know how gaia is run despite how long I've been on here... and I'm not really complaining about the RIGs per-se, but I just feel gaia went too commercial for my tastes and I don't seem to enjoy myself as much as I used to when I was on here. It seems the stuff I want to get the old fashioned way would take me years to get now...
I don't know, my opinion thats all neutral

and Abloy... is that possible? I guess i wouldnt know because when I first started playing gaia i still had dial up x.x my parents complained that I kept the phone busy all the time because of it.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games