Alright, I don't know how many threads there were about this when it came out in here, but since I haven't been on I want to know what your opinions are of the new Tim Burton's movie and any discussions. I've read through several forum topics of it in the forums and seem to have mix reviews.
Any discussion of Alice and Wonderland versions are welcomed smile

Here's my opinion:

I thought that since there was so much hype on the movie, and that it had one of my favorite directors directing it, that the movie would be much better than what it was. I'm not saying the movie was terrible in any way, but I thought it was just average... and disappointing.
Granted, I've never read the books... and I've never liked the cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland either. I thought Burton's story line was hard to follow if you have not seen the cartoon version in several years.
I also thought the endiing was left much to be desired... and by far the most disappointing part in the whole movie. Especially since the movie encouraged madness, Alice went and totally bashed her aunt at the end... low blow and did not make sense.

------

However, did anyone see the sci-fi's version of Alice in Wonderland? I know its no longer called sci-fi but some weird connotation of it... but I thought that it was pretty cool and interesting and pretty well done (plus the mad hatter in that one was rather cute wink )