Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
So there was alot of crying and barfing, and complaining.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ria/Darwin: It is not the strongest of the species,
  nor the most intelligent that survives.
  It is the one most adaptable to change.
View Results

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm
User Image

That's why we cut our trip to Tobago short. rolleyes Seriously, boys are totally more whiney than girls are. xp Also, parents kept calling the teacher who organised it and talked him into returning early, since they can't stand to be away from their kids for too long.

The ferry ride was rough and I could count on my fingers the number of kids who did not barf. We took around 100 boys from ages 11-16 with us, and all the age groups got sick! And since I was the only female teacher who went, I had to play nurse-maid and take care of the boys, which I didn't really mind since the kids were in pain and most of them were crying, and I more than pitied them. I was just mad at the 2 other male teachers who went---they did not even raise a finger to help! Even though the boys were calling for them in their pain. sad The ride to Tobago from Trinidad took 3 long and grueling hours. They were grueling for me since I spent the whole time taking kids to the bathroom, cleaning up vomit from their seats, floors, tables and on their clothes. One boy who's 12 years old, was crying alot and saying, "Help me, Miss. Oh God, help me," and an older boy came to where I was sitting and lied down at my feet where he cried and groaned in pain for the rest of the ride. I felt sorry for my boys! It was really awful! crying The rest of the passengers on board the ship were annoyed to have all those school children around and vomiting and crying all the time. I think the whole boat found out that I was their teacher! burning_eyes

When we got there, it was really beautiful. I took some pics which I hope to upload to Photobucket soon. 3nodding It's the dry season here, so all over the island was just dry and hot, and the only green that could be seen were the bougainvillea plants which were all over. 3nodding The beach was awesome! ^o^ White sand and turquoise waters, and lots and lots of corals. The boys enjoyed themselves fully. It more than made up for the seasickness.

On the way back to the port in the evening, I got permission from the head teacher to obtain some pills for seasickness and gave to everyone who had been sick in the morning. The ride back was just as rough, but thanks to the pills, the kids were fine. 3nodding

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:36 pm
geez, sounds like an up and down day. at least you got the kids to settle their stomachs on the way back. I can't wait to see the pics ^^  

MatsuTsuki

KnightoftheFallen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 pm
yeouch that sounded terrible, and if the other teachers help I would be pretty angry too (maybe 'accidently' knock one of the m over board? wink ) well, the pics are worth it right?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 am
I'm sorry that your trip was so rough. I understand why the kids came to you, though. You were like the mother on board and the kids knew it. I believe that the reason why the other teachers didn't help you out may have been because either they didn't know what to do or they were scared that they might end up sick just by cleaning up the messes. I have a lot of respect for you because of the fact that you helped the kids out when the other teachers wouldn't.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:32 am
wow that must be tough well i think it was fate that you where there , and i know male teachers are sometimes useless  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games