Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairee Lumineuse

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:12 pm
Ok.. so, there are lots of things I want to download off of ModtheSims, but I can't figure out how to do it! I've looked at SO many tutorials, but I must be a dumbass or something because I REALLY don't get it. They say it's way different than the Sims 2 downloads, and that took me forever to figure out, sooooo... I need some serious help.

First off, it says to place it in the mods>packages folder, but I don't have a Mods folder. ._.

Also, it says to extract it, and then right click it and do something to it.. uuuuh, what does it mean extract it?? Like.. open it with winrar? Then like, one thing doens't come up, there are usually like 2 or more things that come up, and there is no simple 'extract" button. There is an 'extract to' button, so does it mean select all the things, click extract to and move it to the packages folder that I don't have? Because that's exactly what the sims 2 does.

Can someone clarify all this for me?? Maybe with screenshots of all the steps and such? If it matters, I have a PC, vista, and have WinRar installed.

Thank you SO much!

[EDIT] Oooh, after messing around with a bunch of confusing stuff, not even knowing if I'm doing it right, but trying it anyway, I think I MAY have done it right!! Now to test it, muahahaaa!

[EDIT 2] Well, I tried it out with the every TV has every channel mod thingy, and it didn't work. =[ Either I did that creating the folder thing wrong, or I downloaded the mod wrong. D;

[EDIT 3] I think I found the problem!! In the framework thing, it says that my thing is in program files/Electronic Arts/ etc etc, when it is in program files (x86)/ Electronic arts/ etc etc. I try to click change, and then click on that path, but when I click ok, it still shows the one without the 86. I try to click ANYTHING other than that, and it still shows it. Why the heck is it doing this??  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:12 pm
How bout trying to save it on desktop and then right click on it Click extract here .
It works for me // o_o"  

VBabyDoll

young-n-sassy

0 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:02 am
VBabyDoll
How bout trying to save it on desktop and then right click on it Click extract here .
It works for me // o_o"

i agree  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:07 pm
Don't worry: I am the EXTREMEST dummy when trying to download mods. Its gay. So I always just go to TSR and download it as a Sims 3 pack. razz
Haha, well question #1: Can you delete the folder after extracting it and by deleting it I mean after you extract you delete it from your desktop. smile Please answer within the next twenty-four hours! smile  

Desired Cosplay

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff