Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]
In Loving Of Tessa

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoldyyMangoss

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 pm
You could say we were family, because it felt like that. But she was more then a neighbor , more then a friend, she was like a second mother to me. She was Tessa.

She was 42 and never had children, i think thats why she loved me so much. She and my mom were best friends and they did everything together.

She was practically the healthiest person i knew and was always teaching me things. But thats when tradegy struck, we noticed things different in her:
Impaired speech
Inability to write
Lack of recognition
Seizures
Spatial disorders

We toke her to the doctor to find out she had brain cancer. We cried and cried then we found out she only had a 1 in 3 chance of living in a course of 5 years. We had hope.

2 years in, she had a seizure and fainted, by the time they realized she was dead, we already knew.

Of course it was a sad time, and i couldn't control myself at the funeral. I felt lost, and still do today at times.

But it was when we went to read the will that i realized how strong she was.

She left many things to my family, but thats not the point, it was the letter she left to me. She signed it along the lines of '...The stars and the moon follow you,I will wait for you, live for me ,live for you.'

I realized she was so strong and held in so much, and I am so happy to say that i loved her so much and she will always be my Guardian Angel.

This one is you you Tessa, who always believed in me and told me that you will always love me.

July 13 2004, It has been 6 years without you but me and my mom will always remember you.

Forever and Always.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm
2 years is a long time to fight cancer  

Kyrstal Kat

5,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MoldyyMangoss

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50