Submit

God is..?
  real :3
  not real
View Results

Kitty-in-a-hole

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:22 am
saikin osen
Well, you're so filthy. I'm better off without you and you're better off without me.

Nope. It's spelled right.

To be honest, I'm not exactly Atheist. If He were to be proven to exist, I'd of course follow suit, but my religious views would be very different from what the Bible states. I have a number of reasons as to why. Note that I am not attacking all people who believe. I am just stating why I dislike it and I personally have no problem with people who do believe. :]

First of all, I'm a very scientific person. The Bible states that the Earth is under ten thousand years old, whereas it has been proven that it is actually 4.54 billion years old. The Adam and Eve theory would be impossible as well. It has been shown that 1000 of a species is needed to produce without mating with a related being. I could go on, but I'll spare you.

Second of all, the controversy within the churches is another reason. There are many cases of Catholic priests who are accused of child molestation. These are people who are supposed to be helping others, not hurting them! The Fundamentalists are getting on my nerves too. These people have been protesting at funerals of soldiers, insulting the deceased and the mourning attending them. While I do not agree with the war, I do not agree that anybody has the right to call insulting names at a funeral of all things! They also have prayed for Obama's demise. Can you honestly call yourself righteous by this? Not to mention that many of them are against the separation of church and state and shove beliefs down others' throats.

I also believe in a woman's right to choose. There are many overtly religious people calling women "baby murderers" and telling them they cannot decide what to do to their bodies. Even if they were raped. Yes, there is adoption. But many of these kids do not get adopted, or are put into homes that cannot support them or abuse or neglect them. There are horror stories of teenage mothers (who can barely take care of themselves, much less an infant) who never tell anyone they are pregnant and hide it, starving themselves and their unborn child, only to give birth to a dying baby that may survive with proper care. Many of these babies end up in the trash and their mothers are never punished for this. THAT is more cruel than an abortion, and yet there are people who protest them.

Again, I have more on this reason, but I will spare you. Now on to reason three: hypocrisy of the Bible. It states that you should love your neighbor, treat them the way you wish to be treated and not judge others. And yet it also states that homosexuals and other people who are different are wrong and "evil." Those funeral protests I mentioned had people saying that the soldiers who died did because they were "fags" and that "God says they deserved to die for their sins." This is not loving your fellow man. This is hatred and it is sickening. I am bisexual myself. I am not a "freak." I do not rape little girls or hit on every girl I see. I am not a sexual deviant of any sort and yet many of those with a different orientation are lynched because of fear and hatred for those who are different. This is an abomination.

I also see that God is not as perfect as the Bible claims. If he is so omniscient, then why is it that there are people who treat others poorly and get away without being punished? Why are there thousands of murderers sitting idly at home or in jail, instead of being smited? Why are there people dying on the street praying for help when there are other people living beyond their means in multimillion-dollar mansions with a full four-car garage? I cannot accept anyone, person or god, that does not carry out promises. Again, I do not have anything against religious people in general. Do not take offense to this, as I am not attacking you personally.User Image

Well, I'm so ugly. You're better off without me and I'm better off alone.

emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:57 am
Okay, before I start, I dont hold anything against people who do believes in god. This is simply my view on it.

I have many reasons to not be a christian. Technically I am, I was baptised when I was only 4 months old, but that was done because where I was born, it was a tradition to baptise new-born children, and whether they followed that religion or not, well their choice.

My parents have never been big on religion, my mother attended church in her earlier years, and believes now that there is a heaven. But my father is very scientific. Neither myself or my younger sister are religious.

Personally, I believe fully in evolution, because when you think about the Adam and Eve theory, it is VERY unrealistic. I mean, Adam was with Lilith, but she ate the forbidden tree right? Then cast out of the garden of eden. Then how did Eve arrive? Adam allegedly created her from his own rib bone.... right then.

Adam and Eve had 2 sons. Eve only conceived 2 children. It is impossible for a male to get another male pregnant. emotion_donotwant

Also, if the Adam and Eve story was real, that means everyone on this earth is incest. I still dont understand why people are all for incest but homosexuality is a sin? emotion_bigvein I would rather be with a woman, than my sister or brother..

Also, the bible says that the earth is only 6000 years old, even though there is scientific proof that the earth is 4.54 billion years old. I mean, archaeologists are finding dinosaur bones that are billions of years old... And there is also scientific proof of the big bang theory..

Another reason, if god did exist, why are my friends struggling with life threatening illness'? Lung diseases, cancer, heart problems etc. And if god did exist, why wouldn't he stop all the wars that have started? And why wouldn't he stop things like rape, murder etc? Why couldn't he just make it disappear because he is so powerful?

And they say god provides unconditional love and will send you to heaven. But only if you believe in him. Like in the words of Homer Simpson "I am a good guy, I love my kids, pay taxes, why must I spend my sunday mornings in church being told how i am going to hell?" I am a good person, but because I dont believe in god, I will spend an eternity in hell?

M i n i R e d S t a r s

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:38 pm
Sure if you tell me why you are a Theist.
It's illogical simply, though I would like to believe there was.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 am
User Image

Well, I'm not quite atheist. I believe in God (or a higher power), but I don't believe in organized religion. Mostly because they tend to be hypocritical. Not to mention a lot of conflicts in history was caused by "my god told me to do this" and "my religion is better than your's". There are some aspects of religion I like, like the golden rule and help your neighbors, but some parts are just BS.

I do have a friend who is atheist. It's more of a logic reason for him. It was interesting in high school. One of my friends considered himself a lax christian. So, we had some interesting conversations between the three of us.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Zomplode

Magical Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm
• Its probably been said over a millions times. But it’s logical. I see god as just a figure head that people have faith in, which isn’t needed, I don’t believe because I obviously can’t see the god like character with my own eyes...And if I can’t do that, then why should I pray to someone that i’ve only heard about in books? It doesn’t seem right. He sounds like a fictional character to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 pm
one word: skepticism

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50