Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Awesome things that happened to you

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naveh

700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am
I noticed a lot of negative topics up and I just want to put some positive things that happens at conventions. You know just some good times or a miraculous outcome in which made your day. blaugh
One of mine was last year at AWA. My sister bought these cat gloves and they were the last one too. Unfortunately she lost them when we took a brake and she was devastated. So I decided to right down on a paper and walk around panels, booths, and halls in hopes that someone might have found them and return them. Well I guess you could expect that I had some doubt that anyone found them, much less return them. But on the last day we took a walk and I went into the art panel and a friend at a booth was waving me to come over there and she handed me my sisters missing gloves. She said a staff found them and new I was looking for them, the staff gave them to her and she gave them to me. I was so happy I ran to my sister and gave them to her. She is so grateful, and it turn out to be a good day after all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 pm
Awwh! That is so nice! I think that there is a lot of negatove stuff that goes on during cons but some pretty great stuff can come out of them too I think.

So here's my feel good story! biggrin I was walking through the Dealer's room alone since my friend had to leave early. sad Buut, I met up with a Joker cosplayer, I was dressed up as his girlfriend from the series, Harley Quinn. He immediately started talking to me and teasing me that I was lost and looking for him. Needless to say, we actually really hit it off in-character and out. Well a bunch of people were playing Twister and they wanted him and I to play, I kicked his butt, buut the winner got a kiss. Needless to say I got a kiss and he got my phone number! whee

Little Roo Girl

IRL Conventioneer

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Naveh

700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:13 am
Little Roo Girl
Awwh! That is so nice! I think that there is a lot of negatove stuff that goes on during cons but some pretty great stuff can come out of them too I think.

So here's my feel good story! biggrin I was walking through the Dealer's room alone since my friend had to leave early. sad Buut, I met up with a Joker cosplayer, I was dressed up as his girlfriend from the series, Harley Quinn. He immediately started talking to me and teasing me that I was lost and looking for him. Needless to say, we actually really hit it off in-character and out. Well a bunch of people were playing Twister and they wanted him and I to play, I kicked his butt, buut the winner got a kiss. Needless to say I got a kiss and he got my phone number! whee

wow, nice heart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:05 pm
Ha ha! The negative threads are probably there for the blowing off of steam.

Happy story time! At Anime Boston 2010, Nobuo Uematsu was a guest, and everyone was tons excited. My friends and I tried to get into his panel and into the autograph session, but the lines were way too long and we didn't make it.

My friends had to leave early on Sunday, but I was staying a bit later. On my way to the Artists' Alley, a side door in the hall opened, and out came four security guards and Uematsu-san! I gaped like an idiot and didn't ask him for an auotgraph (the guards probably would have frowned upon that, anyway), but I made eye contact with him. It was amazing.

My contact with a celebrity... Well, it made me happy, anyway!  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm
Wielder of Mighty Pencil!
Ha ha! The negative threads are probably there for the blowing off of steam.

Happy story time! At Anime Boston 2010, Nobuo Uematsu was a guest, and everyone was tons excited. My friends and I tried to get into his panel and into the autograph session, but the lines were way too long and we didn't make it.

My friends had to leave early on Sunday, but I was staying a bit later. On my way to the Artists' Alley, a side door in the hall opened, and out came four security guards and Uematsu-san! I gaped like an idiot and didn't ask him for an auotgraph (the guards probably would have frowned upon that, anyway), but I made eye contact with him. It was amazing.

My contact with a celebrity... Well, it made me happy, anyway!

*envious* Lucky.... *grumble*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 pm
Ok, I signed up for cosplay chess but unfortunately I was unable to play but I still had fun as the king for the anime side was a guy cosplaying Kaiba! And since there was a choice of two people for the king of that side, they were asked to do rashambo (rock paper scissors). Instead, Kaiba pulled some money from his pocket, and handed it to the other person and said "Here, I win." Everyone in the room cheered! XD But the other guy refused so they played but Kaiba won anyways! XD And the whole time he made cracks that made the crowd go wild! XD Then later on, during this sort of deal or no deal sort of thing, Kaiba won a yaio doll and he was so happy he picked it up and then went whooping out of the room and ran out into another nearby room! Security went after him as we saw from the windows lining the room the game was in! XD It was awesome! And the coolest part is he got back into the room without getting caught! It was so cool! It was at Con-Nichiwa! XD  

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Unlucky Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm
AB 2010; My brother and I walked into the elevator, and who do we meet? Chris Ayres! We said "hi", but we were kinda stuck in "holycrap" mode so we couldn't really get much out. XD We told him about our local convention, though, and told him we would love for him to come some time. He said he was totally up for it.

I also met someone who was cosplaying Ryusuke from Beck: MCS. That made my day. We spent the whole weekend talking about Beck/guitars/music etc. XD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm
Me and my friends went to Anime Expo in LA and we went by the Crunchy Roll booth where this neko-girl was dancing and singing (apparently she was famous)). We didn't even notive the CAMERAS behind us, filming her and the people around her.

So a couple months later I'm watching Bentou BeatBox and I see us!! It was awesome! Well, until I told my friends that we were on Bentou Beatbox and they told me they didn't care and it wasn't cool... That kinda ruined the part that it was cool...  

Roxy-bear1216

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 am
Hmm... let me think...
We took two cars going to my first con, it was a birthday event for a friend, the two guys in our group chose me to ride with them. Three + a parent in one car and four + a parent in the other. It was sort notice of the convention so no one in our group had time to cosplay. Well, one of the guys had a gallon sized ziploc full of pixie stick (( which fit over 300 of them )). I had my hair in pigtails and the two boys proceeded to stick the pixie sticks in my hair... I had about 100 of those things in my hair. I decided to leave them in for the con and everyone was coming up to me and picking them off my head. Scott McNeil and the owner of Iron Cat Studios were even some of the pickers. So, that was cool.

... There is a big anime dealer at the first con I cosplayed at... back in like '05. The dealer was looking to hire cosplayers to work for him at different cons and asked me if I would be willing to do so and gave me an application. I thought that was cool... then I went on to win second place in the cosplay competition for the Individualist category.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:12 am
At Tora-con 2010, my friends and I didn't get to make it to the group signing for Chris Sabat, Monica Rial, and Eric Vale (which I was very upset about) because we were participating in the cosplay show and had something else to go to during the other signing. (We did make it to Johnny Yong Bosch's though. x3)

However, we were hanging out at the cafe on the RIT campus and in walked the group of them with a couple of the Tora-con student staff members. They looked exhausted and were already having to sign more autographs for the staff members so we didn't ask them for their autographs (It was supposed to be their break anyway, right? We figured that would be kinda mean.) I attempted to take a discreet picture on my phone but failed (it's all blurry and somebody got in the way) but oh well... at least I know I sat 15 feet away from them. smile

It was kinda neat just to listen to them talk.

Maybe some time in the future I can get an autographs from them but this story is enough for me, really.  

Mirialiah

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff