Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:13 pm
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

Right now, I am depressed. I have no motivation, no drive, nothing that makes me feel useful, loved, or the want to do something.
On top of that, I have FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) I'm not very high on the spectrum, but high enough that I have problems. Keep in mind that my mother did not know she was pregnant with me, so it wasn't that she was knowingly drinking while pregnant and she has never forgiven herself for it.

One of the problems with it is the lack of motivation which is also affected by the fact that the first 5 years of my life, I had no stable home. We were always moving, 11 times before I was 5, to be exact.
I'm just not capable of being motivated to do something. I've been to doctors and psychiatrists, but it doesn't help.
I'm just not able to pull some motivation out of my a** long enough to accomplish anything.

He doesn't believe me and is threatening to give up on me over this.
I've shown him the papers saying I have it and the problems I've got because of it but he's telling me that it's all in my head and that I can do these things.
And I know that once I get that little bit of a push, I'm unstoppable and can do anything, but those times are few and far between.
I feel lost, useless and pushed around because of this. He's just not understanding that I am different, as much I don't want to believe it, I am.

I've never given up on myself and I've forced myself to get up and go everyday, forcing myself to go to school, forcing myself to go to work, but he still doesn't see how much I have to fight with myself to do it.

He's trying to use reverse psychology on me, and he doesn't understand that it's just not working. I'm never going to be able to pull motivation out of my a**. He doesn't believe me that some people are just incapable of it and is now threatening to give up on me because I can't give him a better answer.

I don't know what to tell him anymore.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Well, it's one thing to not UNDERSTAND someone.
But if he can't respect the fact that you're different, and not try to help you overcome your challenge, then he's too immature and helpless for you. You're better off.

On the other hand, I wouldn't depend on just my significant other, if I were you. If you're depressed, you should seek professional help, find someone who knows how to talk to you and help you better...

Teal Heart

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:09 pm
Teal Heart

Well, it's one thing to not UNDERSTAND someone.
But if he can't respect the fact that you're different, and not try to help you overcome your challenge, then he's too immature and helpless for you. You're better off.

On the other hand, I wouldn't depend on just my significant other, if I were you. If you're depressed, you should seek professional help, find someone who knows how to talk to you and help you better...
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

Yeah, I'm getting help. And it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll never be able to hold a job for very long (because of the way my brain works) so we've filled out forms that will get me enough disability money that if I lose a job, I'll be able to support myself til I find another one. I'll never lower myself to depending on just one person, but he does need to understand that I'm not like everyone else and am going to need some help now and then with money and whatnot.

My mom talked to him about it and she's kind of helped him figure it out, but he's taking a little while to actually accept it.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:44 am
he doesnt understand? its simple. find someone who does and loves you for you.  

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items