Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
canon or fic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanfic or canon?
  fanfic ^_^
  canon -.- (can you tell i'm biased? XD)
View Results

Malice_Rose1113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:21 pm
wonkyspoon
LilMeady
Canon and I don't get along. Mainly since HBP was such a disappointment and really I have no interest in canon couples.

I agree with wonky about Harry's Draco obssession. I kept using it as proof to show my mother that it was possible Harry's gay.

I really wish that JKR would get over the social pressure and just . . . write a gay couple. (Or, past tense, wrote.) There would be a lot of bigoted people who would bash her for it, but I think it would do wonders for children reading the books -- she's already changed literary standards, why not go for tolerance towards gays as well?

I just think she's in such a position of power that she could use some of it to bring about some good social change.

Yes she could have

Its all we Slashers ask is to Let Draco Be with Harry and Maybe kill off Ginny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:19 pm
i prefer fic over canon 'cause in canon i don't like the pairings except for one or two, but in fic i can get the pairings that i love so much.  

Konohashinobi07

Dedicated Regular

5,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300

Demonic Tendency

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:06 am
canon is horrid in my opinion. rowling wasn't a very good writer, amazing imagination but a bad writer none-the-less.

What she should have done was give her ideas to someone who is a good writer and let them come up with gut wrenching plot twists.

Ginny must die.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:56 am
See i say im a fanfic lover.
But ever since Rowling admitted Dumbledore was gay she gained a lot of respect from me.
Then again, I always had a feeling Dumbledore was Gay....or very metro.
I've never been a fan of any of the other canon ships.
Ginny and Harry just makes me want to shoot someone.
but when it comes to fanon ships. I find that it has to be believable if you get me?
Like...I can seriously see Harry/Draco.
I lik Harry/Snape but thats just my contradiction to my statement haha cause i doubt it would ever happen. (then again i prefer Harry/Snape after the war etc. where Snape didnt die etc. so i guess it could be plausable)
AND AND ANDD!!! Sirius/Remus. That, in my opinion was practically canon anyway.

However (i know this is a slash guild lol but i have to mention it) fanon pairings like Draco/Hermione and Draco/Ginny o.O they would NEVER happen. The prince of Slytherin would not go for the muggleborn or the ginger mugglelover!

anyway hahaha.

Definately a fanfic person all the way. Besides, with fanfics, you can take your own ideas into account with the fics. with canon you cant.  

Jack_Palahniuk

kabulin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Not ashamed to say I love fanfics. I've been reading them all summer long (when I should have been preparing for the end by reading the real books as I prepared for the end). I like some of the canon but overall, I think other people deserved better. Like Harry. I don't see how Harry and Ginny were "soul mates" but sure Jo, but I wanted Harry to be with Draco. It's alright, I ship their kids instead. I think that Ron and Hermione belong together.

All in all, fanfics was what made me fall in love with Harry Potter this summer . I don't hate canon, but I just enjoy fanfics more.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:03 pm
I love the fanfics that pick up where the 7th book left off. It sticks with cannon, yet turns it on its head. So much fun.  

Rhiannon Corrine

Prolific Alchemist

35,875 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

WhenTheDay-MetTheNight1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:20 pm
OK...I feel like I should know this...and I feel rather stupid for asking...but what is canon>  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:58 pm
WhenTheDay-MetTheNight1
OK...I feel like I should know this...and I feel rather stupid for asking...but what is canon>

Canon: The official, "what really happened" stuff

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

WhenTheDay-MetTheNight1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
WhenTheDay-MetTheNight1

Canon: The official, "what really happened" stuff

Ah good I thought so but I wasn't sure. Thanks 3nodding  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas