Submit

Wizzardess

Fashionable Girl

32,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 am
I didn't feel like cooking much for dinner tonight, so I went with an old favourite but simple dish, pasta. Normally I do this with such precision that it comes out great every time, but tonight I just did everything wrong. sweatdrop

I had used up the last few bits of pasta from an already open bag, so I went to open a new one. Instead of using something, like scissors, to open it, I just pulled it open like a bag of crisps and RIIIP! It tore in two, spilling half of it on the floor. gonk

In my haste, I poured the rest in the water and left it unattended while I was busy sweeping up the spilled pasta.

...needless to say, it was far too soft by the time I was ready again. It was not my finest moment in the kitchen... redface

Any of you have any kitchen horror stories to tell?  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 am
I have, unfortunately, burned rice quite a few times. The problem with rice is that if just a little at the bottom of the pot is burn then the whole pot is condemned.

Roesor nau Venorsh

Avaerie

Shameless Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:01 am
Well.

I've burned an Easy Mac. :3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:12 pm
Oh goodness.
I am a klutz everywhere
so, naturally, my cooking is often disastrous.
I've learned to turn it into an art form, though..
I get really creative and add whatever I feel like
and rarely ever measure unless it's absolutely necessary
and usually it turns out splendid!
If I spill stuff I think: well, I could always substitute it
and then I find an even better ingredient than what was originally called for!
It's like a blessing in disguise for me, all my clumsiness. :'D

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 am
I'm usually pretty good in the kitchen, but I /have/ forgotten eggs I'd left to boil, and when my mom came home, she found the pot still on, boiled dry, with these rottendisgustingburnt EXPLODED eggs in it. XP She was piiiissed!

And I can't cook with other people.
My friend and I... hmm, where to begin?
We tried to make homemade eatmore bars, but the recipe she got from her relatives said '3 and 1/4 cups' instead of like, 3/4 cups or something, so this stuff would NOT freeze. At all. It was awful. So we threw it in the freezer overnight. In the morning, we were eager to try it, so we just said, screw it, even if it's not frozen, we'll eat it. So my friend gets a knife-- her mom's FAVOURITE knife, a gift from her late boyfriend-- and cut into it... and the knife blade snaps O:
To this DAY, her mom STILL doesn't know what happened to that knife O:

And, we made brownies once, and didn't read the recipe before baking, so we just did it as it went in the ingredients list, and forgot to grease the pan... we spent about three hours chipping these brownies out of the bottom of the pan. XP

And on a separate occasion, we were lighting candles on my mom's birthday cake. It was a beautiful cake, from this special bakery that's known for its nice cakes. It was lovely, it had iced sunflowers on it, really gorgeous. So we decide to use a candle for every year she'd been alive, thirty-something, AND we use relighting candles. So we get the cake half-lit, then realize that the icing is melting... so we finish lighting them quickly, call in my mom, and she tries to blow them out, but every time, they all just burst back into flame. XP So we get a bucket, fill it with water and start to throw the candles into the water to get them to go out. By the time we're done, the top of the cake is blackened. XD It was hilarious.

But they all make for awesome memories.

And my friends were over, sometime during middle school, and I decided we'd have soup, so I cooked a package of soup for everyone, filling this pot to the brim, and when I added all the packages, it was sooo yellow (it was Lipton chicken noodle). It was like a vat of pee soup. Lol. I felt like I was stirring some ungodly cauldron. XP

Oh, and I accidentally whipped whipping cream until it went past nice, solid whipped cream, and turned into butter D:
I couldn't fix, it, either. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:36 am
I once baked cookies, but they were really floury and had a bitter aftertaste.  

Spyros Girlfriend

3,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:48 am
I microwaved a metal spoon once. burning_eyes

16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff