Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Suites, I have a problem.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:15 pm
I have commitment issues.
With my video games. crying

I've noticed that I'll play a game for hours within a couple weeks, and then I'll just randomly stop before I finish the game. XD It happens a lot. Right now, I have Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Golden Sun, several Final Fantasy's, The World Ends with You in various states of completion. I'd probably have more if I had started the three other games I want to play one day. XDD

Poor video games. sad They get lovin' and then they get abandon in the middle. It's interrupted sex. gonk
And I don't really have this problem with anything else other than maybe the rare book or two.

I'm kind of hoping it's just having to get myself into the habit of thinking about playing a game in the long run and not just for a week. XD; I don't want to not finish my crap. ;o; I MUST DEDICATE MY SUMMER TO FINISHING AT LEAST A FEW OF THEM. MAYBE KH, KHII, TWEwY, annnnd Golden Sun (since that's been unfinished for yeaaaars partly because I almost finished it, lost it, bought a new one, replayed it, and got stuck in this stupid dungeon and can't remember what I need to do). 8D
It'll give me something to do maybe other than woooork when I can find a job. Need to get the dye out of my hair first.

SOMEONE TELL ME I'M NOT ALONE. EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO LIE TO ME. LIES ARE GREAT. THEY CAN BE RATHER FUN.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:24 pm
I don't see the issue with that... besides the quiting before you finish.

I have a few games where I quit before I finished. Usually it is cause a new game came out and I started to play it and just spaced finishing said game and now it seems sorta meh to replay threw all that stuff to get where I was. Then there is the whole it just got to a point where it seemed boring. The worse one of all though is when I'm playin ga game and then hang outwith someone and they are also playing said game and I end up sitting there watching them play and they are further then me and pretty much ruin my will to continue.  

wo_nyrmo

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:49 pm
I'm constantly creating new characters in Guild Wars. I've only finished one campaign on one character. XD;
But then, I can't spend much time playing games, so it's not much of an issue. :C  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:22 pm
I almost never finish a video game. I'll wiki, youtube, and watch friends play the end, but I won't do it myself. There are precious few exceptions - and this even includes some Square title- okay, okay, so honestly I didn't stop playing FF8 out of respect, I just hate it.

But for me, the thing is that I don't want to sever the "ties" I made with the characters. My least favorite part of any game wis whent he credits roll and you know it's all over. There's no turning it on tomorrow and continuing. No following them around in their daily lives, watching them rebuild and pick up all the body parts of the end boss. It kinda sucks. It's like waking up alone after a really great one-night stand that you'd really wanted to become more. Except there's no sex and it's creepy nerd love. neutral  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:07 pm
i understand, i'm this way with books.
Although, i always end up finishing them.
Also - Golden Sun? ******** FANTASTIC. Srsly. Finish this game.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:18 am
i'm the same way, it takes me forever to finish games, i've actually still got a few that still need to be completed  

Mercychu56

Wealthy Businesswoman

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:59 am
You'll be glad to hear that I'm exactly the same, I'll play a game for a good while and then just leave it down unfinished. I have SO many like that, I really need to find the time this summer to finish them all Dx

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:20 pm
wo_nyrmo
I don't see the issue with that... besides the quiting before you finish.

I have a few games where I quit before I finished. Usually it is cause a new game came out and I started to play it and just spaced finishing said game and now it seems sorta meh to replay threw all that stuff to get where I was. Then there is the whole it just got to a point where it seemed boring. The worse one of all though is when I'm playin ga game and then hang outwith someone and they are also playing said game and I end up sitting there watching them play and they are further then me and pretty much ruin my will to continue.
That's the problem though. I DON'T WANT TO BE A QUITER.

@Szen
XDD Well, I'm going to have a s**t ton of time this summer being really ********' bored, so I'll have tiiime.

@Lychee
Aw. I get it. You just avoid that general sad feeling you get at the end. I've definitely had that with a few of the book series I read. ;o; ... Then I go read fan fiction.

@Syko
It is. X3; I do looove it so. I just never finished it. I also have Golden Sun 2 waiting. XD I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with my s**t or get the code for the 99 level characters with all the awesome stuff off the internet.

@pearl
Good luck. XD

@Qui
You and me both. XDD
WE NEED A CLUB TO ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER.
Heh.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:15 pm
PainfullyVivid
That's the problem though. I DON'T WANT TO BE A QUITER.
Well if you don't wanna be a quiter stop quitin!... or look at it ina different way.. like your a half-asser. rofl

I know still not any good but hey I'm trying to help. xp heart  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff