Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Please Help a Fellow Artist?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Poll
  Dragon Eek
View Results

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:40 am
Alright, so, there's been a string of theft on deviantArt lately, and it's pretty sad.
First it was a facebook gallery with all sorts of art from popular cartoonists claiming it as their own.
Then it was a scholastic art award winner who stole a piece by another popular online artist and won first prize with the stolen art (they got found out, and after a giant fuss, they rescinded the award).
But now one of my very favorite artists has gotten one of her paintings ripped off by a clothing company.
This woman just paints the most adorable paintings of animals, imaginary and real, and I think it's really sad that her art got stolen.
This is her journal explaining it all.
It's terrible, and I really want to help her out, but there aren't any Zara outlets where I live.
So I figured I might as well do this and help spread the word to other online communities that can help out.

Not for nothing though, the amount of online art theft is freaking me out!
I'm actually kind of scared for my OC's these days.
I may not be the best artist, but still, Ryu (my fox girl, you all know her) is my baby!
I don't know what I would do if I found out one of my comics got ripped, or one of my photographs.
Half of me wants to just grab all my things and take them off my art page, and the other half is like, "Pfft, like anyone would steal my crap..."
Even for those without a whole lot of skill, it's still scary....
:<  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:44 am
Man art fakes are the worst... expecally those that try to turn a profit off of it.

It is really sad that people do that too cause then you have to put some big annoying seal on and pratically in the middle of it just so people won't take it  

wo_nyrmo

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:53 pm
If you've seen HK fansubs and "Disni" or "POEKMON" merchandise in a flea market, you can see that even the most powerful corporations are unable to prevent art theft all the time. It's a scary thought indeed... Even worse, many image galleries and webhosts won't respond to your e-mails if you complain of someone posting art that's copyrighted to you. ~_~

The easiest way to protect yourself is to use those dA watermarks, or create ones of your own. At the very least, put your dA info on the image, close to the bodies so people will notice it if they see it in another gallery.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:30 pm
Thats pretty shidday. There's a Zara in Houston. But that's a few hours from me.  

[ s e m p e r ]

Distinct Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Piktra

Tipsy Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:33 pm
There's a Zara in the mall down the street. I'm a gonna go down there and yell at people. :3 Well, not really, but I will search high and low for that shirt. Then I will buy it, 'cause it's epic. because I want it. because I should.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:58 pm
It's a baby sweater.
If you ask for a boy sweater with a cute little hippo on it, they'll most likely know what you're talking about.
At least that's what the case was at another Zara, but they were out of stock there.  

Ryu Redwings

Piktra

Tipsy Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:01 pm
Okay. I feel guilty now, because I want to buy that for this kid I babysit who calls me his best friend, which is really sweet. I think he'd love it, but it just feels evil to buy it fro Zara, so I'll just try and buy it as a print off DA.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:05 pm
Picture for evidence would be awesome.
I can't blame you for wanting to buy it for someone; her stuff is ridiculously adorable.
Everything she does just oozes cute.
<3  

Ryu Redwings

Piktra

Tipsy Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:54 pm
I think I'll take a picture, but I don't think I'll buy it. It's like saying 'here! Have some money for stealing something!' It just doesn't feel right, you know?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:30 am
i know i would cry in some one took any of my art i put my heart and soul in every peace of art i do  

princess Nana 20

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff