Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Honestly about to apesh*t on the Sims 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sims 3
  SUCKS
  Love it! It totally works for me! (tell me your secret)
View Results

epic failtastic

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm
Dunno if any of you bought the Sims 3, but I'm an seriously gonna lose it on this stupid retarded game. I haven't had time to play it but when one weekend without homework occurs i thought, hey let's try it.

The game lags three times every three seconds....all the time. If that wasn't warning enough i was about to be screwed i went to create-a-sim and it froze on the regular hair menu.

Ctrl-alt-del FAIL.
Windows key FAIL.

Turning off my computer...well obviously that worked.

So far it's only on that menu, but i didn't go any further into the create-a-sim. Play mode actually works *surprise surprise* minus the lag.

I checked everywhere on the web and EVERYONE seems to be having major issues with the game, and there does not seem to be any fixes that actually work. Even people with super souped-up comps have issues. How could they in good conscience release such a screwed up game, and how come none of their updates fix anything??!

Discuss w/e

HALPPPPP!  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:03 pm
Yeah. The only reason I didn't buy the Sims 3 was because I really didn't want to pay the money for a game I know I'm just going to play for a month or so. My friend downloaded the leaked version (the one that leaked before the game was released), and I played that until it ******** up. XD;

But yeah. I looked it up after a bit when I thought about buying it or asking for it as a gift since I wanted to play the expansion. Then I saw that s**t. XD; I guess I'm glad I didn't bother to buy it.
Though I don't think my friend had any problem with her regular Sims 3 game.

Some of the patches they've released for the issues have actually produced issues for people who were fine before it.

EA is definitely stupid. They are losing a s**t ton of customers. I guess they aren't going to release another Sims game?  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

epic failtastic

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 pm
The funniest (and by "funny" i mean "retarded") thing is, they keep releasing expansion packs...they haven't even fixed the base game for the love of cheese!  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 pm
I figured that they had decided to stop with the Sims or something, if they were just going to leave everyone upset and complaining about the bugs, but apparently not. XD
They have an expansion coming out sometime soon.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

No Sex For You

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:20 pm
I have the Sims 3. o: It works fine on my laptop. I can play it all day without really caring. I've only ever had one problem and that was where it crashed without warning and made me lose some progress because I didn't save. : |  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:26 pm
No Sex For You
I have the Sims 3. o: It works fine on my laptop. I can play it all day without really caring. I've only ever had one problem and that was where it crashed without warning and made me lose some progress because I didn't save. : |

I don't understand why the sims hates me.... crying  

epic failtastic

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:27 pm
I've had one or two crashes mid game on mine, but usually, never any issues. I'm also using a laptop, so maybe it's more laptop friendly?  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:32 pm
Well it is EA after all, oh how the mighty have fallen...

That's also why I try before I buy, might be illegal but I save some serious change because of it if the game is just horrendous.  

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

Wheezey

Alien Abductee

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:40 pm
I've had it for a while and never really had any trouble. Maybe one crash.
I'm surprised to hear about the trouble you've been having, I didn't know it was a very glitchy game.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:19 pm
Wheezey
I've had it for a while and never really had any trouble. Maybe one crash.
I'm surprised to hear about the trouble you've been having, I didn't know it was a very glitchy game.

It's terrible. It makes me so sad because i love the sims. Well, it's off to playing sims 2 again...  

epic failtastic

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items