Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:30 pm
I spend most of my time either on the Playstation 3 or the computer. If I'm not on either of those things I'm watching a DVD or using the PSP or Wii.

I simply cannot imagine going camping without getting either getting a campsite with electricity, or bringing a high-voltage car battery power inverter, extra-long extension cord, and power strip. In addition, I would feel very lonely, bored, and lost if my modem didn't get reception in the area I was camping in.

Is it good or bad for a person's lifestyle to be extremely technology-dependent?  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:34 pm
-crickets chirp-  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm
-more crickets join on the chirping-  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am
-the small group of crickets becomes an entire orchestra of chirping crickets-  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:29 am
Patience is a virtue. This guild doesn't move as fast as the main forum and it may take a day or two to get a response sometimes, especially if someone wants to actually give a thought out response. {Could have sworn I said something similar in another thread of yours...}

As for being technology dependent, in everyday situations it does not much matter. However, in an instance in which you end up caught in some kind of disaster {such as a tornado, earthquake, or flood} and all of that is taken away, you'll find it difficult to function and may end up with a harder time coping with the situation than others. It is always good to know how to get by without certain things even if you wouldn't choose to go without them.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:47 am
ThisEmptySoul
Patience is a virtue. This guild doesn't move as fast as the main forum and it may take a day or two to get a response sometimes, especially if someone wants to actually give a thought out response. {Could have sworn I said something similar in another thread of yours...}

As for being technology dependent, in everyday situations it does not much matter. However, in an instance in which you end up caught in some kind of disaster {such as a tornado, earthquake, or flood} and all of that is taken away, you'll find it difficult to function and may end up with a harder time coping with the situation than others. It is always good to know how to get by without certain things even if you wouldn't choose to go without them.
Sorry. gonk

It's just that I have terrible luck in this forum. gonk  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Winters Gate

Winter Guardian

19,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:53 pm
I dont really see it as a good thing to be technology dependent.
However its the way things are for many people. As ThisEmptySoul said it really isnt going to matter unless you are thrown into a situation where you really need survival skills.
Personally I like being prepared. Even if its seen as paranoid.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:36 pm
I live on my laptop.  

Lilith Amaranth

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 pm
While being wrapped up in a comforting blanket of technology is not necessarily a bad thing, I think you would really miss out on the true relaxation and recharging that can be had just sitting beneath a tree with nothing but forest to see, and bird chirps and gentle breezes to hear. You should try it sometime, if for no other reason than to try something new. Who knows, you might enjoy it!

Now, to go all the way over on the scale, or addiction as you put in the thread title. Addiction is bad, meaning you are unable to function unless you are checking email, chatting online, or otherwise interacting with electronic tech. If that's the case, the "too much of a good thing" rule comes into play. At which point an intercession of some sort is probably recommended.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:27 am
Not good. You can curb your addiction by baby steps. Spend just a little of your free time doing something else every day, even if it's just 30 minutes at first. Treat it like an exercise. Read, or draw, or take a walk, or knit.....anything at all. Gradually expand those little activities over time until you find other things you enjoy without any traumatic withdrawal so you can achieve a balance, which is better for you biggrin Then if you find yourself without technology sometime, it won't freak you out so much.  

Ergates

Conservative Dabbler

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces