Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Baby budgie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like budgies?
  Yes
  No
View Results

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:51 am
Yesterday I woke up, went downstairs, and got a really nice surprise.
My mum had bought a budgie because it kept coming over to her and my brother in the pet shop and a woman in the pet shop turned around and said to them ''Oh, I think it likes you and wants you to take it home.''

My mum never planned on getting a budgie, she went to look at the guinea pigs for me, and then she soon fell in love with the baby budgie because of how friendly he was towards my mum and my brother.

My brother named it, as soon as he saw it in the pet shop.
He's called Pigeon and he's the most loveable little budgie ever because he's a baby, and already he comes to us, sits on the bed with us, and he lets us kiss his feathers without turning around and nipping at us.

The budgie is my brother's pet, but he's also a family pet, so anyone can take him out of his cage and let him fly around the room.

Here's Pigeon's first picture.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He likes his little mirror a lot. He's a right poser. xD

Call me crazy but I truly believe that it was fate that we got Pigeon, since he only liked my mum and my brother, and didn't come to anyone else in the pet shop.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:22 am
Aww, that's so sweet. Sometimes, it does just seem like fate with some animals.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:23 am
Don't forget a poll. ^~  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:41 am
Oh! I'm so sorry for not putting a poll.

It's up now. ^^

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:23 am
I used to have a budgie when I was younger, called Tigger. I don't think he liked us much...  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:17 pm
He's sooo cute. >.< Idk what type of bird I had, but he did the same to me. I loved him. And my dog when I let it out didnt even chase it around. ^_^  

MsBritt

Conservative Millionaire

6,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:43 pm
I am love all parakeets, they're weird little birds. We first got four from a friend and they all were grand, looked a lot like yours, but without the blue. Wile after we learned that if they're not close to a window they'll open the cage and fly around. This happened twice and two were eaten by our cats. We got two more to replace 'em, white-blueish ones, we where supposed to get one but when Petsmart took the original out of the display the yellow-green punks started to gang up with the last white-blue bird. When we got home, one of the Green-survivors was a pretty big jerk to everyone more-so to the freshmeats, I called him Stinkbait. Of course we knew what went on but we traveled onto our vacation destination anyways and came back to a grizzly sight, the Alpha Bird was completely decapitated, and when I say completely I mean it didn't have a skull, or beak, orr anything other then a protruding spinal cord. Everyone was happy then.
Eventually old age got 'em all at around 5 years but one, old "Butcher Pete." He's a good bird that watches over our bathroom with pride, staring out the window each and everyday. They're effin' crazy is what I'm saying.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:18 pm
Congrats. I'm not a huge bird person, but if you're all happy with him then that's good.
Are you still going to get a guinea pig?

I had hamsters for years. Those were my favorite little dudes. :3  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:07 am
Awh; that's so cute. XD

I usually get the pets that come to me in pet stores too. ;3
Although I did buy a guinea pig that bit me in the store.. he's super cute though so I had to get him. n____n

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:37 am
Light up the Night
Congrats. I'm not a huge bird person, but if you're all happy with him then that's good.
Are you still going to get a guinea pig?

I had hamsters for years. Those were my favorite little dudes. :3

Definitely. After I get back from Ebinburgh, I'm going to get two girl guinea pigs from a different pet shop, and I'm going to call them Kiki and Coco. (Gaia addiction. xD)

I agree. Hamsters are lovely and I will definitely get another in the future.

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Gayasuxorz

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:05 pm
Congratulations! I used to have a budgie named Beetoe, she was really sweet. I miss her a lot. I hope yours will bring you as much joy as mine brought me. :]  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:59 am
Awww... budgies are so cute!

@Omega: O.o.....ewwww.....birdie death....

I've had four guinea pigs, in pairs. But, they kind of smell and are more high maintenance than cats so I always end up giving them away to my grandparents who love them more than me. Their dog also adores them.  

epic failtastic

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items